Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #1

Smile Just ordered my D37SDF

After a year of research, we mailed the deposit check this morning. Sometime in February, we will take possession of our new Excel via Doug's RV in Oklahoma. On the first of April, we start our full time retirement and full time RVing life. Planning to be at amSolar in Springfield Oregon to have Solar system added some time in May. Hope to see many of you on the road.
Bill and Pat Hardin
wch1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Welcome to the forum B&P! Hope to hear you adventures here. I've heard great thing about Doug's RV in Duncan. I have friends that experienced their service dept and were very happy. I met Doug way back when at the Excel reunion.

Have fun and lots of years of enjoyment with the new rig!!!! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Congrats and welcome!
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #4

Very nice!

Rob
Rob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Bill & Pat,
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on becoming a full timer. I can't talk DW into giving up the brick house just yet. Maybe in another year. In the meantime if you are ever in the Texas drop by and say hi.

Don
Old 09-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw8ite View Post
Bill & Pat,
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on becoming a full timer. I can't talk DW into giving up the brick house just yet. Maybe in another year. In the meantime if you are ever in the Texas drop by and say hi.

Don
That's a little different than us. My lovely bride had to do some tall talking to get me serious about it. We had a newer custom built 2800 sq ft home with 3.5 car garage and I had about 45K in tools and shop equipment.....took some thinking and persuading to give it up..... but we did and am I glad we did. Looking at Excels on the lot, I had never been in one.....I didn't know "come here from sickem" about it. I didn't know a black tank from a white tank!!! Ralph at PI can verify that....cause he sold our first Excel!!!!

Taking care of a rig is hard, but I don't think as hard as a house and yard. I wondering I could do a home again....may be forced to find out some day...but until then......down the road we roll.

With one major thing we've learned about FTing from others....if you
have a partner that don't really want to do it......don't force them.....it's a recipe for disaster!!! And if you can't get along now at home.....it ain't gettin' no better in a 400 sq. ft. rig!!!! Just sayin'! Can I get a witness???? rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Sir, yes sir. You got it right, Rockin
Now....at ease.
Sarge.

2012 36RKM; Didymop
2005 1-ton Dually: Kemosabe
2008 Solara Convertible: Jake
Old 09-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #8

You are right Rockin, though this wasn't an RV thing, had neighbors in resort area, she was "forced" to move & never was happy & everyone was miserable including the neighbors. :-) We are considered by some to be significant part-timers. Like the stick-house to come home to and get away from. Too much "nester" in me. Do admire the full-timers though. Everyone has their thing, cruises, caravans, motorhomes, 5th wheels etc etc. Its a wonderful life...
Old 09-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #9

we are full timers and took delivery of a 37sdf back in april. so far the unit is doing great. we just left PI after having some small warranty issues corrected. one issue that comes up is the width of the unit. the steps make it 17 feet wide which can present some issues at some campgrounds. the 1/2 bath on the main level is a real plus. hope you enjoy the new unit as much as we do.
rfhtlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:04 AM   #10
JDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
That's a little different than us. My lovely bride had to do some tall talking to get me serious about it. We had a newer custom built 2800 sq ft home with 3.5 car garage and I had about 45K in tools and shop equipment.....took some thinking and persuading to give it up..... but we did and am I glad we did. Looking at Excels on the lot, I had never been in one.....I didn't know "come here from sickem" about it. I didn't know a black tank from a white tank!!! Ralph at PI can verify that....cause he sold our first Excel!!!!

Taking care of a rig is hard, but I don't think as hard as a house and yard. I wondering I could do a home again....may be forced to find out some day...but until then......down the road we roll.

With one major thing we've learned about FTing from others....if you
have a partner that don't really want to do it......don't force them.....it's a recipe for disaster!!! And if you can't get along now at home.....it ain't gettin' no better in a 400 sq. ft. rig!!!! Just sayin'! Can I get a witness???? rockin'
Congratulations, Bill and Pat. I am sure you will enjoy the new coach as PI makes them to last.

Tom, you have another witness. We've been in ours for 2 weeks now and have another 4 to go before we head home and then leave again for another 2 weeks before shutting it down for the winter. Living in much closer confines can be challenging but we know we will eventually be home. Can't and won't give that up. Plus, we have to get a grandkid fix pretty often.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote