Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 06:04 AM   #1

LED Light Change

I'm ready to change out the hot halogen lights in our coach. Looking for a low cost supplier of LED's. Anybody found a good quality, low cost suppliers?
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 07:32 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
One caveat, you get what you pay for.

Two of the first four LED replacements I purchased failed in short order. I've replaced those and a couple dozen others with bulbs I purchased from Superbright LEDs. In three years now, not a single failure.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:12 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
I'm ready to change out the hot halogen lights in our coach. Looking for a low cost supplier of LED's. Anybody found a good quality, low cost suppliers?
Thanks
BB,

Here's what we used. While we have only about 10 months of using them, we are very happy with their operation. Nice and bright (3W), good natural color. If you scroll down the page, you'll find the 1.5 W for the smaller can lights. Our friends have used these for about a year and love them too. I went with the more expensive LEDs for the bonnet light and all with M4 products. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #4

go to superbrightleds.com they have a led bulb for just about any application. quality and low cost may not go together. i have purchased several for my halogens and satisfied so far. i also replaced the 1142 bulbs over the island and the wedge base bulbs in the dining table light. i also found some 120 volt leds for my nightlights.
rfhtlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
google M4 as they have reversible lites so you do not have to rewire for pos or neg wiring.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #6

Low cost may not be the best way to go. I bought a bunch of cheap LED lights on ebay. Within two weeks, almost half of them had failed. It wasn't the LEDs themselves that failed, but the internal connections were failing.

Next, I bought some from RVLEDBulbs.com - RV LED Bulbs, RV LED Lights and Light Accessories. I paid more, but in almost three years, none have failed. If you go there, use the code "FORUM" at checkout for a 10% discount.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:46 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
If you have the round puck lights give John Miranda a call, 360-578-0530, at Kaper ll Wheel Simulators and LED lighting and ask if they have anymore on sale. (L19-DD-GL-GL natural white 4500K) Last March I replaced all my round puck fixtures to LEDs for $3.55 ea.
I know this sounds cheap but they are the exact replacement and they work great. KaperII Wheel simulators and Led Lighting
Jhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #8
JDT

I did a mixture of e-bay, Amazon and other websites that charge more for what appears to be the same product. There may be a difference but so far they have all worked well. I only had one that did not work but I have spares. I'm pretty sure they are all made in China, at least the ones I have are.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light