Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Lippert axles are a POS

I lost one no lube drum hub and Lippert response back to PI was they don't sell drums with no lube bearing and he will have to buy a new axel. I am going to replace all of my axels with Dexter axels. I can find parts anywhere. Lippert builds a POS and doesn't have any parts for it. This is not customer service in my book. Everyone I talked to about Lippert says they are hard to deal with. The caps on the axel will say Kodiak XL Lube. Kodiak said they do not supply the bearings and they are an off breed size.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #2

No lube as in their NeverLube sealed bearings?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Holy Smokes still, I had no idea PI used Lippert axles in their rigs. Was it just the WC that got that brand? I have always had Dexter under mine. rockin'

BTW. I have a new Dexter disc brake rotor and nev-r-lube bearing assy. set up.......if anyone ever needs one. I keep a spare just in case.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
No lube as in their NeverLube sealed bearings?
Lippert calls it SBS (Seal Bearing System). The inside Dia. of the bearing is 49mm. Same as the spindle. Dexter has the Nev-R- Lube which is 50mm in Dia. The outside Dia. on both is 84.5mm
Old 01-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Holy Smokes still, I had no idea PI used Lippert axles in their rigs. Was it just the WC that got that brand? I have always had Dexter under mine. rockin'

BTW. I have a new Dexter disc brake rotor and nev-r-lube bearing assy. set up.......if anyone ever needs one. I keep a spare just in case.
That's what I thought also. Guess I was wrong.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
My 2013 EL Winslow has 7K Dexter axles, Never Lube bearings and disk brakes.

The front leaf springs broke last November. Dexter was very helpful getting me a repair tech and covered all costs.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
My WC has 7K Dexter axle/Disk brake setup. Must be a reason PI switched.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:07 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Finally got the call that the neew Dexter axles are in. I'll be on the way to pick them up this morning and hope to have the bad one replaced tomorrow. Billie always wondered why I carry so many tools. Now she knows. 15 miles to town and 45 miles to some place that could do the work. I can do it myself with a little help from a friend. I am replacing all axles so that they are all made by the same company. I'll replace the other axles at home on concrete and out of the rock and dirt.

Lippert is still a POS company to deal with.

Yes Rockin, I have other friends that like me. Hard to believe isn't it.

Then may go fishing one more time before heading back to Oakley. With this crazy weather the fishing has not been the best but I still love it here at Buncombe Creek Marina & Resort on Texoma. We will be back.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:27 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
....Lippert is still a POS company to deal with....
I agree.

I recently had to deal with Lippert customer "service".

They should rename it Lippert customer "dis-service".

Five phone calls and transfers and messages left on voicemail. Only call #5 resulted in a return call.

When I did talk to a human it was more like an interrogation than customer support.

I still don't have all my issues solved.

If anyone wants details, send me a PM or email.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 03-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #10

I'm to the point where I will insist that any fiver I buy is completely Lippert free. I have no confidence in any of their products whatsoever.

Roy
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayRanger View Post
I'm to the point where I will insist that any fiver I buy is completely Lippert free. I have no confidence in any of their products whatsoever.

Roy
What 5th wheel manufacturer uses no Lippert components?

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 03-05-2014, 05:51 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Russell and all with Lippert problems. I finally am getting results with Lippert. I posted on their Customer Service Facebook page. I got a response within 30 minutes. At the time I was packed up and getting ready to hit the road home in the morning. After talking with the first person on Friday, they only offered to send me a new hub with their SBS bearing. That wasn't good enough as I did not need it after buying new Dexter axles. She told me that was all she authorized to offer. She also ask why I would want them to pay for their competitors axles to put on my rig. My question back was why would I put something on when I could not get parts for it only 4 1/2 years later. I ask for someone with more authority to talk with. This was on Friday.

On the following Monday I got a call from another person wondering if I had the invoice and if I could e-mail or fax a copy to her. I did. After not hearing back after two weeks. I called her back. They had to message her as she was working from home that day. She responded back that she was sorry that she had not called me back and that they would pay me in full. I asked the person on the phone when I would receive the check. She stated that most likely the check would not be cut until around March 15th. So we'll see. here is a link to their facebook customer service page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lippe...3043?ref=br_tf. My post is under their recent post section. You do have to be very firm with them.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:09 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
What 5th wheel manufacturer uses no Lippert components?

Russell, I agree with that statement. I did find out through my looking for parts that not one dealer or even PI likes calling Lippert for replacement parts. They do not help anyone in getting the parts. They are just damn hard to deal with on anything.

If the RV manufacturers would quit using them for parts maybe Lippert would wake up and give some customer service. I even ask Vicki at PI to see if she had some contact with Lippert that could help me. She e-mailed a person and his response was they did not have the parts and would be getting any more and that I would have to buy a new axle. I did buy new three new axles from Dexter as I know I can get the parts if needed almost anywhere in the country.

Lippert is very well known to put out poor quality RV components.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Through all of this I have no problems with PI service or anyone else that I dealt with but Lippert. Maybe the manufacturers need to have a long talk with Lippert about customer service when they get together in Kentucky later this year.