Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Map Location Idea..Feedback please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor2BnC View Post
We are currently enjoying the sites and sounds of Creede, CO.

Side Note: MM, somehow you have us listed in Albuquerque & Durango. I've been told at times that I have a split personality but I'm know I'm here only in Creede, CO
I should have said something about my idea of leaving a home-base location along with adding an "on the road" location. (Full-timers would fall into this category.)

I am considering doing 2 color locations...One color for home base and another color for when you are on the road... What are your feelings on this idea?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Excelent idea. Easy to tell the difference at a glance!! Thanks MM!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
I know I'm a little slower than most but I still don't know if I'm gonna have two colors or just one. Seems as though one would do just fine.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "John Galt" View Post
I know I'm a little slower than most but I still don't know if I'm gonna have two colors or just one. Seems as though one would do just fine.
The Members who have a S/B would have a green color (or a different color than what is on the map now) for their "Sticks & Bricks" location...but the blue color would be for you and anyone else who would be on the road in their Excels...
This way..you could tell if you were going to be near to where someone actually lives... and you could avoid them like the plague if you wanted to!

Old 09-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
This way..you could tell if you were going to be near to where someone actually lives... and you could avoid them like the plague if you wanted to!
I felt that MM......you may get a visit from us, since you made that comment. I could use a good whippin' from you and a drive-by ankle nip from the pins!!! Poor ol' Sacs.....
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 09-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
I felt that MM......you may get a visit from us, since you made that comment. I could use a good whippin' from you and a drive-by ankle nip from the pins!!! Poor ol' Sacs.....
hmmmm....did I tell you we moved the S/B?? Have you noticed that I am not on that map? Nope.... ...go look...I am not there!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Oh......so you want the embarrassment of me showing up in the store???!!! Give in and don't try to hide out from the rockin'! Please.....

Do you at least have a parking spot for the Tug and Journey this time??? Is it close to the Elks Lodge? Should be take this over to OT thread? rocky
Old 09-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The "Map location idea" under "current threads", caught my eye so here I am browsing. After reading thses few postings, I'm convinced I'm an alien viewing a subject that makes absolutely no sense to me. Keep up the good work!

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adj View Post
The "Map location idea" under "current threads", caught my eye so here I am browsing. After reading thses few postings, I'm convinced I'm an alien viewing a subject that makes absolutely no sense to me. Keep up the good work!
LOL... I actually have you on the Monaco Map that you would have told me about at this thread! Now Excel... well - a few of them..(SKIA ? ) makes perfectly no sense at all...and yes - we do like it that way...or some of us do!
I am glad to see you are out exploring the forum!

Old 09-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #10
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
LOL... I actually have you on the Monaco Map that you would have told me about at this thread! Now Excel... well - a few of them..(SKIA ? ) makes perfectly no sense at all...and yes - we do like it that way...or some of us do!
I am glad to see you are out exploring the forum!
Thank you MM--

The alien has landed and is back on his feet.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
It might be a good idea, but is it going to clutter up the map way too much, MM? I know that you work hard on this thread and any time someone posts it seem like with in a few hours you have their new location. I have not yet been curious enough to click any of the flags. I usually go down the list and click the members name to see where they are at. Will both locations be exactly next to the member’s name or is this going to be a long list where everyone’s name is enter twice?

BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
This may sound like a silly question but where is this map or is it just in the planning stage. It sounds like a great idea. I like the 2 color option,
janieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by janieD View Post
This may sound like a silly question but where is this map or is it just in the planning stage. It sounds like a great idea. I like the 2 color option,

Page one of this thread.

BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
It might be a good idea, but is it going to clutter up the map way too much, MM? I know that you work hard on this thread and any time someone posts it seem like with in a few hours you have their new location. I have not yet been curious enough to click any of the flags. I usually go down the list and click the members name to see where they are at. Will both locations be exactly next to the member’s name or is this going to be a long list where everyone’s name is enter twice?
HPD..I have made a compromise that you will see if you take a look at the map now... Chief John and a few others are "at home" with a push-pin in the same blue color. It will blend but it also differentiates between home and on the road...OR... you can see the difference with MN G'Ma and Still Working "Not" with their home bases as the green dots...
So everyone...tell me which do you like... Green Dots...or blending Blue Push-Pins??