RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
JDT

Mattress Size

I need to replace the king size mattress that came with our Excel. I'm finding different measurements when I google an rv king. I tried to measure ours but with the sagging it's kind of hard. The best I can tell it is about 78" long and 72" inches wide but nothing matches that. It appears the closest match may be 80 X 72 but options are limited in that size and pricier.

Does anyone know for sure if Excel used the 80 X 72 sized mattress and any suggestions on a replacement? We bought a Casper for the house about 6 months ago and really like it but they don't have one in that size. There are a few on Amazon that appear to come from some rv suppliers but I'm not trusting of the quality.

JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2019, 06:09 PM   #2

Jim,
We got a very nice memory foam mattress in a custom size from Love My Mattress. https://lovemymattress.com/

Brad

BRS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #3
JDT

I see there are 2 sizes, 75 X 72 and 80 X 72. I need to figure out which one will work best. We have the box spring foundation with a rather anemic pillow top mattress that has started sinking in the middle from side to side. I'm thinking I could just put the new mattress on the old foundation so I need to see if I can measure it.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Link to site for RV mattress sizes.
https://www.mattressinsider.com/repl...-mattress.html

Info from website on determining mattress size for replacement.

Determine Your RV Mattress Size

The first step to buying a replacement RV mattress is to figure out what size you need to order.

Most people will measure the mattress. You can do this if you're in a hurry.

However, the most accurate way to do it is to measure the dimensions of the surface the mattress rests on. Usually the mattress is placed on ply-wood or some type of similar surface.

There are two reasons why this is more accurate. The first being that your rv mattress may not be the same size as it was when the RV was built. This can be due to fluctuations in temperature during off-season storage (especially you folks in Arizona!) or from exposure to UV light if the RV was kept uncovered during storage.
steeltom75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress