Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2007, 07:25 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
I haven't seen Bob Wilson or Curtis Brown on the forum for awhile. The last I heard, Bob was going to SC and Curtis was on his way to Texas. Anyone heard from these members?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2007, 07:25 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I haven't seen Bob Wilson or Curtis Brown on the forum for awhile. The last I heard, Bob was going to SC and Curtis was on his way to Texas. Anyone heard from these members?
Old 12-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
I met Curtis and Bonnie Brown, while I was at Smith Center. Curtis, and Bonnie, were trying to get out on Monday morning; however, when they started to leave he had a problem with his "Air Ride" suspension. No wonder with "0" degree temperature. I also got to briefly meet Wrongway. He was there to deliver a coach to the Service Center. I was expecting him to be one of us old folks, but he's just a pup.

Bangs, Texas
Highgturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:02 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChiefJohn:
I haven't seen Bob Wilson or Curtis Brown on the forum for awhile. The last I heard, Bob was going to SC and Curtis was on his way to Texas. Anyone heard from these members? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I met Curtis and Bonnie Brown, while I was at Smith Center. Curtis, and Bonnie, were trying to get out on Monday morning; however, when they started to leave he had a problem with his "Air Ride" suspension. No wonder with "0" degree temperature. I also got to briefly meet Wrongway. He was there to deliver a coach to the Service Center. I was expecting him to be one of us old folks, but he's just a pup.

Bangs, Texas
Old 12-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChiefJohn:
I haven't seen Bob Wilson or Curtis Brown on the forum for awhile. The last I heard, Bob was going to SC and Curtis was on his way to Texas. Anyone heard from these members? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bangs, Texas
Old 12-21-2007, 08:10 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Bob -- Curtis and Bonnie are great folks. He was heading down your way where he has some property.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:19 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I haven't seen Bob Wilson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Chief,

Thanks for checking in on me.

We're scheduled to be at the SC on January 15th ... looking forward to the visit, if not the weather.

I read the forum regularly ... and enjoy it ... but haven't had anything good to contribute. Many of the recent posts have been in the area of do-it-yourself tips ... which are great ... but I didn't get the 'handy' gene from my Dad and work full-time ... so ... I look forward to visiting the service center instead.

Happy holidays to you and the Excel family!

Bob
Bob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Chief, is it allowable to give curtis and bonnie's member handle? I would like to contact them since SC informed me that they only installed 21 coaches with the Air suspension ride and I do have one of them, 2005, CLO36, Limited. It would be helpful to know what kind of problem he had with his ASR and what was done to correct it. Would also like to let him know what SC did to correct my ARS from lowering the frame onto the tires. Finally enjoying Florida wheather except for the tornado that passed by last week---still better than the heavy snow that fell last week in Mi. Wishing all a safe and warm Holiday Season. Maverik

05 Excel CLO36
maverik/gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:24 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Maverik,
It's "Curtis Brown" -- good luck with that air suspension.
John
Old 12-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
The problem with the air ride suspension was related to a hole in the 0? (now -10?) warranty that Peterson Ind. has on their units. The darn thing only covers things inside the living space and basement. Shouldn't it cover everything? You know things like water hoses and stuff like that! Anyway, back to the real world.

The problem I had was that there was apparently a small ice plug in the air line between the onboard compressor and the air tank back by the axles. When I turned the pump on it ran for about a second and stopped. Then after about 5 minutes it came on for a second again. That ruled out a failed pump or blown fuse. Since I was parked only 20 miles from the shop in Smith Center and it was a balmy 20? outside I decided to limp in to the shop and see if Jack would let me use the warm shop floor to crawl under the rig and see what the problem was. Fortunately I had an air compressor to air up the system through an emergency fill port that was installed in the utility area so I could pressure up the system for the trip.

I pulled the trailer into the shop and within 5 minutes the pump came on and stayed on to completely pressure up the system. This confirmed an ice plug in my mind. I did not even have time to get out the hair dryer and crawl under the trailer. It took longer for me and one of the shop guys to squeege the water and gunk off the floor than it did for the trailer to fix itself.

2005 35MKO
Curtis Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:39 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome back Curtis! If we didn't like you, we wouldn't miss you! Glad everything worked out for you -- are you still heading to TX for the winter?
Merry Christmas to you and Bonnie.
John & Marilyn
Old 12-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Thanks Chief and Curtiss. I really appreciate being a member on this forum.

Curtiss, Glad to hear you did not have a too expensive problem to fix. If my memory is correct , last spring, I believe you were the one who alerted me to the means to correct the frame riding on the tires if the ARS was not inflated. SC did weld some blocks above the axles to prevent the frame to set on the tires and shred them. Now if I can't inflate the system, at least I can travel.

Since the blocks were installed, I did ,one time so far, forget to inflate the system before moving the rigg. Results, since our Kitcen is in the rear, the DW's china set was reduced in number ---Live and learn.
All in all, I like the system even though it is unforgiving.

I like the idea of having another filling valve. Many thanks, Maverik

05 Excel CLO36
maverik/gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:07 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Oh yes! We headed south that same Monday after getting everything thawed out. We didn't get to leave until almost 2 p.m. so it made for a late arrival in OK City where we spent Monday night. Made it to our winter home (The Thousand Trails Preserve at Lake Whitney.) Tuesday afternoon.

The first three miles of the trip over the ice and snow on the Kansas farm roads were quite slow but after that the highways were clear and dry all the way. Thanks to Highgturn for clearing the way for us.

2005 35MKO
Curtis Brown is offline   Reply With Quote