RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Moved into our new rig

We have just spent the last three days moving into our new 2013 36RKM!

We're very happy with how it turned out--always a little bit of "by guess and by golly" when choosing colors etc without ever seing the full product. But, as my DW sends me back to the bedroom when I come out and she claims my colors don't go together-you can guess who was in charge of color schemes

After full-timing for 5 years, I think moving from one rig to another can almost be as bad as moving from a stix and brix to another. We appear to have gained some storage space in some areas-lost some in others, and there is no doubt in my mind that junk was breeding in some areas of our old rig.LOL

We have stayed at the dealers for these last three days, basically trying to put everything through its paces. I'm very happy to report almost no issues at this point-couple of minor things corrected on the spot.

Now the learning curve is a whole other issue!!

I insist that I want my TV to run through the surround system. Dish broadcasts in 5.1 Dolby, and I WANT that helicopter coming right through the rig. So getting that wired up, including figuring how to get the TV menu and the Panasonic menu to recognize the set up with the Sat box, was a challenge. After the dealers guy gave up, I got up at 5 this am and puzzled over the whole thing. I finally brought that helicopter in about 7:30 am !!! The DW, who was still sleeping, was much less estatic than I was.

Yesterday was my "try and learn remote" day. What they are for and what they do. Five remotes for entertainment, (the sat remote for the LR and the sat remote for the BR , the Panasonic surround receiver remote, and remotes for both TV'S. And none of them work together (another project)

Then we have the remote for the fireplace, the thermostat remote for the fan, and the remote for the awning (which has its own set of programming issues to get set correctly) And then, because I was feeling self abusive by then, I went out and tried to re-program the keyless entry code.

But seriously, its all fun and exciting getting the new rig. We hit the road tomorrow, where we put it through the next set of paces, actually bouncing up and down the highway. We're ready to go wandering!

bigmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Big M, Congrats on the new rig......I love that floorplan. I hear ya on the move. It is amazing where everything goes.....and the local Goodwill gets alot when we move. I really realize how much stuff that we have when we move. Mostly my stuff that we just havta have!!!

I don't know how you get everything switched in 3 days......we usually take 9 days. I may need to take lessons of how to improve my technique!!

Don't forget to update you sig with the new one......right now it looks like you still own an antique!!!

Have fun and maybe post a few pix of your new baby. rockin'

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Congrats on your new rig. How fun! I know you will enjoy it.
2012 Coachmen Encounter towing 2010 Honda FIT
Dawn309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on the new rig. You picked a nice on there......
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: Tahoe or 2500HD, BrakeBuddy Classic
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Don't forget to update you sig with the new one......right now it looks like you still own an antique!!!

Have fun and maybe post a few pix of your new baby. rockin'
I'll see if I got the signature updated now. Thanks Tom. As to pics, we want to take a few once we get sitting still for a couple of days. Promised the kids we would send some up. As to getting them posted on here--would love to-just don't have a clue how that works.

And a new pleasant surprise we discovered last night--don't know what Shurflo (or Excel) has done with their water pump--but this is the quietest pump we have ever experienced. We overnighted at a Fairground near Fort Dodge. Put water in the tank. DW putting water in the sink-said "the pumps not working". I said "it has to be working, your getting water". Turned down the TV and could hear it ever so faintly.

Sometimes its the little things.
bigmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmichael View Post
I'll see if I got the signature updated now. Thanks Tom. As to pics, we want to take a few once we get sitting still for a couple of days. Promised the kids we would send some up. As to getting them posted on here--would love to-just don't have a clue how that works.

And a new pleasant surprise we discovered last night--don't know what Shurflo (or Excel) has done with their water pump--but this is the quietest pump we have ever experienced. We overnighted at a Fairground near Fort Dodge. Put water in the tank. DW putting water in the sink-said "the pumps not working". I said "it has to be working, your getting water". Turned down the TV and could hear it ever so faintly.

Sometimes its the little things.
Pix are so easy to post, after you down load pix to your computer and size to 800 X 600, press "go to advance", "manage attachement", browse each pic in and then "upload". It's that simple.

Regarding the Shurflo W/P.....even my standard model 2088 is pretty quiet once Il got all the pex water lines around the W/P insulated from the utility floor. The pipes we're rattling to beat the band on my last 2 Excel. I let Bryan know what I did with pix.....maybe they finally implemented it in production. Nothing sound rattier than a hammering W/P when conducting a fine happy hour and you're trying to impress your snooty wino friends!!!

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote