Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #1

Need info to estimate a clearly building

How tall and wide with the slides out is the 2013 excel winslow
Fulltimdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimdream View Post
How tall and wide with the slides out is the 2013 excel winslow
I have a 2013 Excel Winslow 34IKE.

What dimensions do you need? Height of top of slide from ground? Or inside? Overall width with slides extended? Or individual slides?

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
I have a 2013 Excel Winslow 34IKE.

What dimensions do you need? Height of top of slide from ground? Or inside? Overall width with slides extended? Or individual slides?
I need to know how tall from ground to outside roof top and how wide the trailor is when slides ate out so I know how tall and wide I would need to make a storage building for it
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimdream View Post
I need to know how tall from ground to outside roof top and how wide the trailor is when slides ate out so I know how tall and wide I would need to make a storage building for it
Width with slides extended: 12'
Height of tallest slide (bedroom): 10' 6"
Height of dinette and kitchen slides: 10'

Hope this helps....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #5

Thanks for the info,helps me decide on building dementions
Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
JDT

Make sure the building is high enough to fit it under. I built one for a 12' 3" high motorhome a few years ago. If I remember right our Winslow was supposed to be 12' 8" with a front a/c. I have a 13' high by 14' wide garage door for our building with a 12' 10" high framed opening. I knew it would be close but when we tried to back it in the first time the front air need another inch or so clearance. I was able to cut some trim on the opening to gain about an inch and adjusted the garage door track to raise it some. Still too close for comfort so traded the standard front air for an ultra low Coleman that was 3" shorter. It now fits with about 2 or 3" clearance. Once I get it inside it is fine but I should have done a 14' wide door to begin with.

Our building is 35' wide and 40' deep but 18 of it is dedicated to the rv garage. The other side is my shop. I have plenty of room for the slides to open. I also have a sewer dump (cleanout when the city inspector came) and 50 amp service. Just something to consider. I love the ability to dump the tanks when we get home.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
I built mine 17' high so I could work on the roof if need be and sure enough I needed it. On my Alfa I took out the vents and skylites on a Walmart header that didn't have a height listed. My fault and stupid but done.

I have a new Excel on order and they measured my front a/c at 13'2" from the ground.
Several inches can be gained or lost as to where they set adjustment on the springs to match up to your truck. I had to have the highest adjustment to match up to my 2011 1ton srw Duramax.
TexasTwoStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #8
JDT

TTS, if height is an issue you might see if you can get the lower profile Coleman for the front air as that is the highest point of the trailer. The one that came on mine was considered a low profile and measured about 11". The new one is right at 8". It was brand new to the market when we did the exchange in June and could only be had with a heat pump at that time so cost me a bit more. It works great and it is nice to have the extra heat when needed. We have the 15k heat pump for the living area.

The sitting level height and the height when hooked up were not the same for us and we are sitting what looks to be pretty darn level when hooked up. I do remember the dealer had to make an adjustment to the pin box but not sure which direction.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
...the dealer had to make an adjustment to the pin box but not sure which direction.
They had to move the pin box up to the highest setting for my 2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD. I use a B&W hitch set at the rearmost, middle height setting.

I'm still slightly nose high.

I have 6" rail clearance.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD