Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #1

New 2008 43% off MSRP

Hi,

I have searched and searched for our dream Excel 5th wheel and think we finally found it. It is a New (never sold) 2008 33 RSO (fireplace, disc brakes, thermopane windows, etc..) and we can get it out-the-door for 43% off list. It is absolutely beautiful. We particularly love the light oak trim and color scheme. We will be sealing the deal first thing tomorrow morning. However I have one question. The dealer says (as this is a New 2008) that we will get the "old" warranty vice the new PI warranty that (while still great) is not quite a great as the old warranty. Can any of you provide any insight on the warranty issue? Will we be under the old or new rules?

Thanks
Excel-in
vestadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Hi,

43% off MSRP and your dream Excel? If the numbers are real I'd grab it now. Check this thread for the skinny on the "Old" and "New" warranty - http://www.irv2.com/forums/f116/exce...nty-61114.html

Note that Excel RV Guy is Bryan Tillett, President of Peterson Industries. IMO the big difference between old and new is that with the old warranty you didn't have to chase down component manufacturers for warranty coverage, PI did it for you behind the scenes. Now you're on your own to work it out with the component manufacturers. The old was definitely better.

Welcome to the family, maybe.
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #3

Yeah the 43%off is legit...spent 2 hours going over the 5th wheel this afternoon. It is really impressive how well made an Excel is. The craftmanship in an Excel 5th wheel is simply amazing. As a woodworker, I am awestruck at what Excel does in a production environment. We really like the 33 RSO. With the slides in you can access the fridge, table, and bathroom...very nice...
Old 04-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
I spent years, literally, to finally settle on Excel for our FT home. After visiting the two finalists (companies both located in KS) we selected Excel. I was looking for durability, quality of build, and customer service. PI isn't perfect but they're one of the very best in the industry. We haven't been disappointed by our choice. And, when there's a problem you can't beat the customer service, bar none. Jack will work with you to solve your problem and the techs are tops.

Finally, I dont' think you'll find a better frame anywhere. It's built like a battleship, not light.

Go for it!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Congratulations!!!

You're gonna love your new Excel for years to come.

Happy Travels,
Old 04-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Dear Excel-in

You didn't mention where you are getting your 2008 Excel from, but I think I know. As long as you are purchasing it from an existing dealer who IS/WAS an Excel Dealer, you will have the warranty that was in effect when the coach was produced. i.e. you will have the 2 year TOTAL TRUST bumper to hitch warranty.

WORD OF WARNING: There are a handfull of Excel units that have been repurchased from dealers who have gone broke and/or out of business. These units are then taken to a holding area of the financial institution's choosing and later, at some point, auctioned off to the highest bidder..... Usually a dealer looking to "steal" a bargain. To those who read this and are considering purchasing an Excel unit from such a circumstance, be warned.... THERE IS NO WARRANTY ON UNITS PURCHASED FROM A SALVAGE POOL OR A REPOSESSION POOL!!!!

We have done our best to get the word out on this issue. Once a unit leaves the possession of an Excel dealer, we have no control of the condition or circumstances the unit is put through. The coach could set for months, or even longer without any routine lot maintenance.

These units are only purchased because someone thinks they can make alot of money from them and are often bought for cents on the dollar, which they usually (sometimes) pass the savings on to the buyer. If you purchase one of these "Bargain" units, you must take into consideration that part of the monies you save will have to go towards what otherwise would be covered under warranty.

Excel-in..... good luck with your Excel experience and welcome to the family. We are glad you are on board and look forward to helping you in any way we can.

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:20 AM   #7

Thank Bryan,

Great info for any potential purchaser. Also thanks for the verification that ours is from an Excel Dealer and covered by the 2008 Hitch to Bumper warranty. Great to have that peace of mind...

As I am writing this I am thinking what a great company Excel is. Hard to believe that I was able to PM the president and get a resopnse in in less than an hour. That is just incredible and an indication of the amazing customer service Excel gives....
Old 04-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #8

...and the more you use it, the more you're going to like it!