Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Here are some pictures that I took today. A couple of them show the unit with a white pickup which makes the gray stand out more.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2008, 01:43 AM   #16

Excel Owners Club
I like the gray also. Unfinished91, are you positive about the statement...."It is not painted, the fiberglass is gray. "

I think it would look even better if the vinyl trim stickers were charcoal gray and black.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:39 AM   #17

I love it. We were down by the shore for a week trip this spring and there was a Teton with the full body paint similiar in looks to the Excel and boy did it stand out amongst the other white trailers. Gave it a very classy look. Now see Bryan I can't get any toyhauler yet. Every time I start to think about one you guys come out with something better. I guess I'll just have to wait till all the improvements are done
Aarondeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:44 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
Virgil, it really is gray fiberglass, or probably gray gel coat. The sides and endcaps are not painted. The trim channels and vinyl trim inside them are gray. All the visible screw heads are gray. The awning looks to be painted as well as all the plastic parts,(EZ reel, refrigerator vents, cable and satellite connection covers, etc.). The A/C cover is black. The window trim is black. The more I look at it, the better I like it. I agree that charcoal and black accent trim might look better.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:15 AM   #19

Yes it is different and kind of like it also. Hard from the photo's to see how well the colors work together. The black and charcoal would give it a different look also. From the newletter view of the interior does look open. Does it look closer to the ground, or is it the photo making it look not as high?

Wish a used 30fter was available when we bought out unit, would have been a better size for our needs but have enjoyed our RLE. Can you imagine me with a new unit and not have anything to tinker with. Off to work in the ceiling fan.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:07 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Chris,

You're off just a little bit......if you have a good RV....you spend the 1st year, working out the "bugs"......2nd year, enjoying it most of the time and maintenance.....the 3rd year, it's time to start replacing things....the 4th year, you start thinking about "trading in" as the furniture and upholstery is getting worn! Trust me Chris, especially when you FT, no matter what brand, it's all ways something! This is something one must understand and deal (cope) with if you're gonna RV and be happy! These things take quite a beating going down the road. Can I get a witness?
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:40 AM   #21

Tom, I'll be your witness!

Now stop that M & M from moving so fast. With the medication and that guy moving so fast I'll have to go lay down!

Guess your right. Like the house and yard, always something to do and never getting caught up. A new unit would most likely be the same....talk about an allowance crunch then. But would figure You and I would stay busssssy no matter what.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #22

Excel Owners Club
Chris,

Your right on brother! You don't do "sick" well do you? Me neither....It gives you time to think of what I "should" be doing. The old Puritan work ethic syndrome. It dies hard! Get well. Your making me hungry talking 'bout the M&M deal!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 04-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Chris,
You can stop Tom's toys in their tracks by touching your esc key. Don't you wish it was that easy to stop..........
Old 04-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Virg,
Don't make me place you in the "whiner" catagory!!

I didn't know you could do that esc. thing. Learn something new everyday. If you back out the page and go back it starts back again! I love it.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #25

Sorry didn't mean to complain.

Virg, used the esc key....Thannnks!

Still like the 30TKE and Tom just the way they are. Now that I know the Esc key is there.

Tom, go ahead, put me in the 'winers' catagory. I could use a good drink right now.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #26

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Don't make me place you in the "whiner" catagory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #27

Excel Owners Club
Chris,
YOU not the whiner, it that no-business-job insecure, Virg! He's a trouble maker, and that's what I like about him! That Ms. Jo is a saint is all I can say!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:23 AM   #28

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unfinished91:
Doug, come on over for the ice cream social tomorrow afternoon. I have to go home tomorrow, but there will still be several folks here. We are at the Hacienda R.V. Resort at exit 140 on I 10. You can't miss it, just look for the gray Excel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the invite, but we already had plans for the weekend.

Hope you all had a great time! We spent the weekend up in the mountains

2005 Forrest River Charleston 400TS DP
D and J is offline   Reply With Quote