Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
new full timers class??

When we were visiting with highplainsdrifter he mentioned that he read about a class or weekend thing for new full timers to learn about their rigs and the things they need to know on the road. I did a search on this forum and didn't find anything. Is there anyone out there that knows something about this? It would be great for us as we will be really green newbies and need all the help we can get.

janieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #2

November 6_8 Rainbow's End RV Park, Livingston TX. This web site will give you some info on this RV'er Boot Camp training; Escapees RV Club. They usually put on a good program. Cost is $175 per couple and the way I read it that's just for the training.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
BINGO!!!! HPD had asked me about it in a PM....but he mentioned LoW and that got stuck in my head.

The Driving School is one of the best around - also specializing in private lessons.

This course from Escapees is something I would recommend to any new person - and I would still like to take the Driving course on my own!

Thanks ARRET for posting this!
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Are there online RV driving videos?
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce and Jenna View Post
Hello,

Anybody planning to attand the Life on Wheels conference in Moscow, ID in July? Two months ago, we registered for the conference in anticipation of going FT in September. Now we've decided to order a new 33RSE from the Excel dealer in Lewiston, just 30 miles away. We'll pick up our NEW RIG the day prior and camp at the conference starting the next day!

Hope I find a spot with noone on either side for my first attempt at parking.

Should we look for anyone else there? By then, we'll have a cell phone.

For info on this highly rated conference, look at this site http://www.lifeonwheels.com/

This is the one that came to my mind....is it still an on going conference?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
We attended the Tucson, AZ session in March 2007 before we bought our first rig. I think his widow decided to pull the plug on LOW when Gaylord Maxwell passed away last year ... wonderful fellow, will miss him and the whole LOW staff!!!!!

Dave
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KU9L View Post
We attended the Tucson, AZ session in March 2007 before we bought our first rig. I think his widow decided to pull the plug on LOW when Gaylord Maxwell passed away last year ... wonderful fellow, will miss him and the whole LOW staff!!!!!

Dave
I heard the same thing.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Seems to me that this guy RV Travel: Editor reports about RVing in Germany advertises classes in the western WA area too.

I took a three hour driving class prior to LOW in 2007 from these guys RV Driving School. Very worthwhile, and even qualified for a discount on my insurance.

A video would be better than nothing, and I've seen them advertised in RV Travel: Editor reports about RVing in Germany too. But I'd recommend a class in your own RV.

Yes, I've heard the same about LOW. Some talk about reviving it, but didn't get off the ground. Another of Gaylord's main instructors died around the same time.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #9

You wouldn't be thinking of this organization would you? RV Safety, Merritt Island, Florida
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Thanks for all the links. Gives us some options for learning. Wish they were closer to the midwest but that just makes me want to get on the road more.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #11

You know you have some of the best teacher you will find anywhere right here on this forum. Just ask your questions and you are going to get more answer than you will get at these class which is one person opinion. Here and in other forums you will get several ideas that people are making work for them. You take what sounds good to you. You are going to enjoy full timing.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
I agree with you that we will learn a great deal from everyone here on the forum and I intend to ask lots of question but would be nice to get some hands on training for some things. May not work out to get to these places so might end up being practice and lots of encouragement from all of you folks. Thanks again
Old 10-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Unfortunately, LOW is gone for good after Gaylord Maxwell's death. The RVSEF group was going to attempt a "similar" program slated for September, 2009, but lack of industry support and lack of registrations caused them to cancel. For information on whether or not they will attempt another, keep and eye on RV Safety, Merritt Island, Florida

Sorry, Davydee, just saw the link in your post above.
sfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfischer View Post
Sorry, Davydee, just saw the link in your post above.
Not a problem!!!