Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #1

Hello folks I just took delievey of my new 33TKE here is my story.Funny how a simple letter & a phone of thanks can lead to a sale I Michael & my wife Gail live in northern Alberta Canada & take a month long trip usually in sept. each year & 2007 was the same. We had planned to visit Hershey PA & take in the 2007 RV show then on to Millersburg.ID to take in the Carrage factory tour as we had planned on buying a Cameo. In Hershey as we walkingaround looking at all the units we stopped of at the Excel display I met 2 salespeople inside a 36 TKE & of course I gave them a hard time about their sales patch not knowing that one was Byran Tillett the other Carl Fritz they showed me around we traded cards & left nice unit I thought
, we went over to the Carrage line with pad & tape measure to follow though with what they had to offer.After Hershey we headed to the Factory tour of the Carrage factoy & finished off our holiday & arrived home to find a letter from Bryan thanking me for showing up at his display couple days later he phoned again thanking me for showing interest in his products,I thought I need to take a closer look & maybe rething what I should buy. I eamiled him asking him for dealer in Canada & he told me about one in Edmonton 41/2 hrs from me so I went there & had a another look see I emailed Bryan back after coming back from Edmonton stating I loved the unit but didn;t like or want to buy anything from that dealership, so Bryan emailed me back asking if I would consider buying from Fritz's RV in PA since he was a new Excel dealer starting out. He indicated that he would allow Fritz a discount which would be passed on to me, so Bryan then passed me on to Steven Ellenberger Factory Rep & Bob Spack from Fritz's RV we emailed back & forth & got a deal in the works with options I wanted & soforth, so I placed a order in Jan & picked up the 33THE in April 22th I must say what a great unit they build you don;t really know to you get under around & though the unit to see how well they are put together I must say to the factory people & Steven himself great job for the things they put in for me as options they got it right to the swing away cupboard that Steven said they could build & install great job guys & to Carl Fritz Bob Spack & Ann in the service Dept & the fellows on the floor who fixed the tiny problems great job ( eg anyone travelling around PA. stop off at Fritz's RV in Soulerton for some great Rv work if needed)so folk small things like a letter & phone call goes a long way in getting to buy your products Thankyou Bryan for taking the time to thank me for stopping by.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 AM   #2

Hello folks I just took delievey of my new 33TKE here is my story.Funny how a simple letter & a phone of thanks can lead to a sale I Michael & my wife Gail live in northern Alberta Canada & take a month long trip usually in sept. each year & 2007 was the same. We had planned to visit Hershey PA & take in the 2007 RV show then on to Millersburg.ID to take in the Carrage factory tour as we had planned on buying a Cameo. In Hershey as we walkingaround looking at all the units we stopped of at the Excel display I met 2 salespeople inside a 36 TKE & of course I gave them a hard time about their sales patch not knowing that one was Byran Tillett the other Carl Fritz they showed me around we traded cards & left nice unit I thought
, we went over to the Carrage line with pad & tape measure to follow though with what they had to offer.After Hershey we headed to the Factory tour of the Carrage factoy & finished off our holiday & arrived home to find a letter from Bryan thanking me for showing up at his display couple days later he phoned again thanking me for showing interest in his products,I thought I need to take a closer look & maybe rething what I should buy. I eamiled him asking him for dealer in Canada & he told me about one in Edmonton 41/2 hrs from me so I went there & had a another look see I emailed Bryan back after coming back from Edmonton stating I loved the unit but didn;t like or want to buy anything from that dealership, so Bryan emailed me back asking if I would consider buying from Fritz's RV in PA since he was a new Excel dealer starting out. He indicated that he would allow Fritz a discount which would be passed on to me, so Bryan then passed me on to Steven Ellenberger Factory Rep & Bob Spack from Fritz's RV we emailed back & forth & got a deal in the works with options I wanted & soforth, so I placed a order in Jan & picked up the 33THE in April 22th I must say what a great unit they build you don;t really know to you get under around & though the unit to see how well they are put together I must say to the factory people & Steven himself great job for the things they put in for me as options they got it right to the swing away cupboard that Steven said they could build & install great job guys & to Carl Fritz Bob Spack & Ann in the service Dept & the fellows on the floor who fixed the tiny problems great job ( eg anyone travelling around PA. stop off at Fritz's RV in Soulerton for some great Rv work if needed)so folk small things like a letter & phone call goes a long way in getting to buy your products Thankyou Bryan for taking the time to thank me for stopping by.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diesel Guy:
, we went over to the Carrage line with pad & tape measure to follow though with what they had to offer.After Hershey we headed to the Factory tour of the Carrage factoy & finished off our holiday & arrived home to find a letter from Bryan thanking me for showing up at his display couple days later he phoned again thanking me for showing interest in his products,I thought I need to take a closer look & maybe rething what I should buy. I eamiled him asking him for dealer in Canada & he told me about one in Edmonton 41/2 hrs from me so I went there & had a another look see I emailed Bryan back after coming back from Edmonton stating I loved the unit but didn;t like or want to buy anything from that dealership, so Bryan emailed me back asking if I would consider buying from Fritz's RV in PA since he was a new Excel dealer starting out. He indicated that he would allow Fritz a discount which would be passed on to me, so Bryan then passed me on to Steven Ellenberger Factory Rep & Bob Spack from Fritz's RV we emailed back & forth & got a deal in the works with options I wanted & soforth, so I placed a order in Jan & picked up the 33THE in April 22th I must say what a great unit they build you don;t really know to you get under around & though the unit to see how well they are put together I must say to the factory people & Steven himself great job for the things they put in for me as options they got it right to the swing away cupboard that Steven said they could build & install great job guys & to Carl Fritz Bob Spack & Ann in the service Dept & the fellows on the floor who fixed the tiny problems great job ( eg anyone travelling around PA. stop off at Fritz's RV in Soulerton for some great Rv work if needed)so folk small things like a letter & phone call goes a long way in getting to buy your products Thankyou Bryan for taking the time to thank me for stopping by. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael / Gail,

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with us. Most of us here on this forum have a similar positive experience and some of us several. Bryan should be considered a roll model for any companies executive leadership. He stays involved from the top to the bottom within the company and with his customers, prospective, new, and old. I can't help but think that his Excel is on the way to its 5th star. In looking at the competition he should already have it. Welcome to the Excel family and post often.

Bangs, Texas
Highgturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Diesel Guy,

Congratulations on the new rig. The 33 TKE is our favorite floorplan at this point. We wish you great luck and fun with your unit. The PI folks are indeed great and super service oriented folks. Welcome aboard! Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Diesel Guy,

Congratulations on the new rig. We have the 35 TKE and really love it. Moving into it this weekend as Full Timers. Have a great time and lots of fun travels with it. Welcome to the Excel world.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Michael & Gail,

Welcome again and congrats of your new Excel -- I've identified you already as a member of this elite family. Please join our "Excel Family Map", link at the top of the forum.