Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Puma
Ocean Canyon Properties

Wanting to get input on this property. We heard their sales pitch but wanted to hear from the real users before we made a decision.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Rayford,

I'm not familiar with Ocean Canyon Properties.

Which location are you most interested?

I see Tres Rios in Glen Rose, TX is now part of their system.

What are the membership fees?

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #3

Ocean Canyon

Doc, the cost is $13,500 and $465 annually. You stay free at their properties. This is the top package. I asked to get a copy of their contract but didn't get one. Was just seeing if anyone was familiar with this.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
Doc, the cost is $13,500 and $465 annually. You stay free at their properties. This is the top package. I asked to get a copy of their contract but didn't get one. Was just seeing if anyone was familiar with this.
What is their maximum stay at a single location?

How many nights per year max?

How many parks in their system? Locations?

We've visited several Thousand Trails in Texas. We do not have a membership. Their facilities and infrastructure at the parks we've stayed are "tired" and not well maintained.

Hopefully Ocean Canyon Properties are in better shape.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #5

OC

The best I can recall is 21 days. You can then move to another of their 8 locations. (Ashdown, Ark, Lousiana, Lake Texoma, Grove OK, Alabama, Glenrose, cannot remember the other two) If you stay at a coast to coast location, best I can remember, the cost is $10 per night.
I don't remember there being a max per year.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #6

Stay far, far away from this group! Their sales people are a bunch of frauds and liars. We were told that our 45' Class A would fit at every resort and that they are all "5 star resorts". What a load of crap! We just tried to check into Styx River Resort last night. We spoke to both central reservations and the resort directly to make sure they had a site large enough for us. We told them repeatedly we have a 45', 4 slide coach and that we needed a 50 amp hookup. When we pulled in we were very skeptical because of how things looked. Their "campground host" was not helpful at all. We asked him repeatedly if he had a spot for us and if we would fit because from the looks of things we would not. He said "oh yeah, I'll find you a spot" He than proceeded to lead us into an unmarked, unlighted wall and then tried to put us in a spot that was way too small. After getting back to the front gate and inspecting the damage to our coach (over $10,000) he said "I knew you wouldn't fit", under his breath. When we questioned him about what we were told his response was "I don't know, I just work here". It was about than that we got close enough to him to realize he was drunk, he reeked of alcohol and smoke. So we got to spend Christmas Eve in the parking area outside of the resort, running on our generator with no water hookup. WE ARE GOING TO FILE A FRAUD SUIT AGAINST THE COMPANY TO GET OUR MONEY BACK and have our insurance company go after them for the cost of repairing the damage to our coach. What a wonderful Christmas.
nosnow222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #7

If a buyer is not retired and gets a month of vacation each year and only goes to these parks, in 10 years it would be about $60 per night. 5 years, over $100.

There are some pretty spiffy resorts that would be less than half of that.

You need to see the parks, REALLY like them, REALLY like going to limited location, not mind "time-out" periods, and do the math.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ditto what nosnow222 said. Went to one of their presentations. Very high pressure sales. Half the staff were under training. Brought in their top gun from Dallas to close the deals. Personally, I'm just not prepared to part with $13,000 for an hour and a half presentation. I needed to do my due diligence. As a result, I didn't give these folks a dime. Nosnow222, I hope you are successful in your pursuit of these shysters.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote