Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
In a recent discussion by Mr. SQ and Rockin' (who else? ), the former mentioned an LP Gas Watch Gauge. Being a cheap retired person too, I wonder if one (me) can install it behind the switchover to ck each bottle in turn. Or will the fittings only work on a bottle? I don't really want to move that LP gizmo from one to another, so would rather get two if necessary.

Besides, I didn't see any info on Rockin' flashing alternative.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
In a recent discussion by Mr. SQ and Rockin' (who else? ), the former mentioned an LP Gas Watch Gauge. Being a cheap retired person too, I wonder if one (me) can install it behind the switchover to ck each bottle in turn. Or will the fittings only work on a bottle? I don't really want to move that LP gizmo from one to another, so would rather get two if necessary.

Besides, I didn't see any info on Rockin' flashing alternative.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
To answer your question about just using one Gas Watch behind the switchover...doesn't make sense to me. You would spend more on modified connections and I don't see the benefit.

Don't tell Squirrel but, the way I use my system I just refill the primary tank when I get the light inside the rig. About once a year I pull both tanks and get refilled as the secondary tank gets some used out of it each time the light comes on.

Another reason I didn't originally go with the Gas Watch was the number of posts on other websites of reading inaccuracies, especially in real cold weather. In all fairness I don't know if it's true or not....just chose to not try it.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
As usual Mr.SirKnowItAll spends enough money on a half empty tank to buy a whole bunch of Texas Pecans. That (pecans) would last me a whole week. He throws money away like peanuts. See he never knows how much gas is left in that last tank. All he knows is he has a bright light blinking on and off in his RV and a red one at that.

The only thing that did make sense in his post is that it would probably cost as much for the parts as it would just to buy a second gauge. I have a guage on both tanks. Works GREAT!!

The Squirrel

PS. Rockintom are you getting carried away with this gas gauge thing???
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Squirrel...you losing it! Don't get your fur in a fluff! It sounds like to me that you're assuming that I paying for a some gas I didn't use. I only pay for the amount reinstalled in my tank. I've heard of paying "by the tank" but never participated in that kind of program!

Squirrel, I'm gonna tempt you with some TX pecans in my oven than turn on the gas with out lighting the pilot and snuff you out!! I don't like losing a discussion with a SQUIRREL!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 11-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Settle down boys. Don't get you shorts in a wad.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Now RockinTom, please don't get your blood pressure up! I will never tell you how I got into your oven to begin with. My GOD!! Those threats to cook me in your oven!! With your system you would probably turn on the gas with an empty tank and I would have to climb out the vent and have a beer watching you hover over that oven with no gas.

Now, I know you have paid for gas without the bottle being empty. We all have. So to get back on the subject: Go to: www.gaswatch.com You will find your little red light. Now I would suggest that you have a wiring project and a cost of buying it equal to the cost of buying two of the gauges. So, just plug the hole where the wires go through and I won't come in your RV any more and drink all of your beer. Just buy the gauges. That way you won't run out of gas. What is all of this cold stuff?? Your gauge works on the same principle.

Your friend the Squirrel
Old 11-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
OK..OK You win...I'm wrong...your right. I'll buy a couple of these....now are you happy? Gee, a squirrel and his goofy gas gauges beats rockin'...I'm am getting weak in my old age! Anybody else want a piece of poor ol' rockin'?
Woe is me!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Sorry I had to be so rough on you, but my feelings were hurt. I have never had anybody wanting to gas me in their oven!! You are too much!!!!! Most of the two legged species that I meet along the way actually hand feed me those big Texas pecans already shelled!! Thats Texas hospitality.

The Squirrel
Old 11-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
You gotta admit...I got your attention with the gassin' deal!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:15 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club

Squirrel...You are safe from the gassin' - Rockin may be a little off at times- but he would NEVER "off" someone after posting it on such a well read forum as here!! (now maybe I would be worried if he had posted on RV.nut)

I am also glad you all can joke so openly - kinda like a couple of brothers with baseball bats going after each other...swinging at each other ...but knowing that Mama would be all over both of you if you ever struck each other

So... maybe I need to go out and take a photo of the thingie Sacs got for me and my propane tank...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:44 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rockintom:
Anybody else want a piece of poor ol' rockin'?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What parts are still left?

If your hat is still available I'll take it.

or I'll settle for some of that BBQ Chicken!

workhorse
Old 11-12-2008, 03:43 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
You got it Workhorse! I sometimes do my BBQ chicken "southern style" with a vinegar based sauce (still red though), that way I can keep you and Virg happy for shore! rockybaby
Old 11-12-2008, 05:13 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Bruce,

Look at all the trouble you caused! You just hafta ask questions don't you?!!!

Squirrels wound up like a 9 day clock, Momma is trying to pretend to do her moderator thing, and poor ol' workhorse is hungry for southern style BBQ chicken....are you happy yet? It's wonder we don't get off topic from time to time!