Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Post kudos for those Excel dealers that have provided outstanding customer service. I would rather not go the other direction and use this thread to express negative views. Forum members may always start a new topic and identify less than satisfactory service.

Bob & Jos RV Center in Guthrie Center, IA, Tom, aka "wrongway" has provided outstanding technical advice to our forum.

Colman Country Campers, Hartford, IL, managed by Brian Campbell, is outstanding in all aspects.

RV Sales of New Mexico, Moriarty, NM, There have been several favorable comments about their outstanding service and family atmosphere. See "HB Phil's" comments below.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Post kudos for those Excel dealers that have provided outstanding customer service. I would rather not go the other direction and use this thread to express negative views. Forum members may always start a new topic and identify less than satisfactory service.

Bob & Jos RV Center in Guthrie Center, IA, Tom, aka "wrongway" has provided outstanding technical advice to our forum.

Colman Country Campers, Hartford, IL, managed by Brian Campbell, is outstanding in all aspects.

RV Sales of New Mexico, Moriarty, NM, There have been several favorable comments about their outstanding service and family atmosphere. See "HB Phil's" comments below.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Chief,
Another great idea! This is kinda what I suggested regarding "best practices" we did a thread about a while back.

I second Tom (wrongway). I PMd him on his opinion regarding an issue on my slide gearbox. He and his Service Manager, Mike, answered my questions quickly, happily, and completely! What a nice couple of folks. You can bet I'll stop and see them on my way through IA. May even buy them lunch or something. Great experience! Thanks! Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
RV Sales New Mexico:

Over a four day period that I was camped there the RV Techs worked like steel 0700 a.m. to dusk performing a complicated solar power installation including 1,000 Amp hours of batteries in two isolated battery banks, six solar panels, inverter/charger, solar controller, battery monitor, isolator/solenoid, hard wired EMS surge protector, remote battery temp sensors and three inside digital displays/control panels, plus, the installation of a hitch and pinbox.

All beautifully done, very neat and clean - very professional. All the while they were teaching me about my new rig.

Meanwhile they were taking care of other customers' problems.

It's been a long time since I've seen such conscientious attention to detail and to quality, and such long hours of plain hard work as I've seen there. All the while the owners and management staff couldn't have been more gracious with their time.

When I brought all of this gear to RV Sales NM for installation, I was feeling no small amount of apprehension that all would be done correctly.

I departed four days later full of admiration for those people and feeling that it has been one of the most satisfying buying and technical services experiences that I've had.

It was well worth the drive from California to RV Sales NM to take delivery of our rig from the pros there.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #5

Please go to http://RVServiceReviews.com and record your service experience. This is the only place on the internet where RV owners can document their RV service experiences. There are almost 2000 reviews available nationwide and in Canada.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #6

The shop forman at Bob's&Joes R. V. has always tried to answer my dumb questions and saved me trips back to their shop. He had a lot of patience with me when I ask the obvious.

Fixed your signature -- saves entering the information each time. John
Old 05-17-2007, 07:41 PM   #7

Gary,

Thanks for the input on the RV Reviews site. I've bookmarked it and when I have the occasion to post on this topic, I will do it here and there.

Thanks again for the info!

Arizona
Greenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:33 AM   #8

Leisure Days Travel Trailer Sales, Inc.
Clio, Michigan. Kim and Tony do an <span class="ev_code_RED">excellent</span>job of seeing to your every need. This is the second year, I have stopped here and I can't say enough about their courteous and helpful assistance in a variety of matters!
Old 07-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
I want to give special recognition to Tom "wrongway" and his service manager Mike of Bob and Jo's RV Center in Guthrie Center, IA. I have emailed Tom in the past with technical questions and he has always responded quickly and efficently! We were traveling through his area and I wanted to stop and meet him first hand. Tom invited us to stay on his concrete service drive with 30 amp for free! We got there after hours and Mike was still there and he made us feel at home. The next morning (Saturday) Mike came over and looked a couple of issues on our rig and answered my many questions! While no actually work was done on the rig, I think these forks are "class acts" and are due special recognition. You might think about this dealership when considering your next purchase! Thanks guys for everything, your the best in my books! Great customer service and great folks. Imagine how you get treated if you bought from him! Maybe a happy hour and BBQ! Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Rockintom,
I have to agree with your kudos to "wrongway". Although I have never dealt with him or his dealership, I certainly appreciate him taking the time to give us all professional answers. If I am ever in his area and have a chance to patronize his dealership, I will certainly do so. It sure would be nice if someone from Goodyear would step up and answer the many questions posed on this forum, as it appears tires are a significant concern among Excel owners.
Paul

04 Excel 33RSE
clspds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ditto Tom and Paul -- I've said this before, we need more Excel dealers/representatives to join in our forum discussions. Great P/R.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:41 AM   #12

Another Hooray for RV Sales NM. Tireless workers with home town values.

Makes me proud to live in the "East Mountains".
Conchas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:07 AM   #13

I have purchased three 5r's from RV Sales in Moriarty. Two were OB, (other brands), and one has been the Excel. My first unit, and my first 5r, detached from the truck twice. It was due to a defective hitch. They were patient with me and helped me make it right. There was a bit of humor associated with my driving prowess. I was so pleased with their service I bought a new Idletime toyhauler, their OB, from them and was treated like I had purchased a top of the line Limited. I also found a way to demonstrate my driving prowess after a brief encounter between my steps and some gas pumps. Longer trailer Phil! They fixed my mess and serviced the rig throughout its time with me. When the day came to purchase the F/T rig there was no question where to go. I agonized over a MH, OB's and when it got right down to it the service and honesty factor won out as well as the quality of the Excel. We saw some real junk from OB's and dealers that were so smooth you'd thought the road to heaven was paved in gold while in their rig. It helped to have known this family for 10 years through my work and knew they are real. They take care of their customers, giving us priority and making sure we are on the road without problems. They are also instrumental in supporting the Excel Club here in NM making it a great organization. What more can you ask for?
Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #14

Excel Owners Club
In keeping with Chief's intent for this forum, I would like to say that after reaching six months as a neophyte Excel owner (all I know for certain is what I don't know) I have really appreciated knowing that "wrongway" and "ExcelRVGuy" are always with us. Brian, I have been to SC and I must say thanks and express appreciation for EXCEL's quality product supported with an excellent parts and support service. I am definitly going to locate wrongway's dealership and give them my business when in Iowa as I start my FT journey. Looking forward to meeting you in person.
Most Appreciative, Maverik

05 Excel CLO36
maverik/gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote