Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #15

Skip,

I have a bunch of solar on our roof so we will be using it during boondocking, in 12 Volt mode but I would like to have the option to use it on 110 power also.
Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #16

Was that the CF80 that you bought??
Old 06-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff426 View Post
Skip,

I have a bunch of solar on our roof so we will be using it during boondocking, in 12 Volt mode but I would like to have the option to use it on 110 power also.
Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff, what inverter do you have?

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #18

Hey Russ,

We have a Magnum 2000 Watt Pure Sine. It was spendy but so far a great piece of equipment!

Jeff
Old 06-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Russ,

We have a Magnum 2000 Watt Pure Sine. It was spendy but so far a great piece of equipment!

Jeff
Jeff:

Is the Magnum a factory install?

Do you have a residential refrigerator?

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 06-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #20

Hey Russ,

A fellow by the name of Marv Braun installed our inverter as well as the solar. I'll get you his phone and email if you want to contact him. He did a great job for us, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. On thr Frig, we have a Dometic 8 Cuft. That's why we want to install a frig / freezer in the basement. Let me know if you want Marv's contact info.

Jeff
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We ordered both our Dutch Stars with the storage bay refer/freezer. Have never had one bit of trouble with any of them and the one we have has pretty much been on 24/7/365 since we brought it home on June 26th, 2002. The only time it's been off was when at the stealers for warranty work. I keep it set on the coldest and it's kept everything frozen no matter where we've been.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #22
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We ordered both our Dutch Stars with the storage bay refer/freezer. Have never had one bit of trouble with any of them and the one we have has pretty much been on 24/7/365 since we brought it home on June 26th, 2002. The only time it's been off was when at the stealers for warranty work. I keep it set on the coldest and it's kept everything frozen no matter where we've been.
Mr_D

We have a 2004 DSDP 4015 and wonder what would be your brand/model recommendation for a refer/freezer to put in a storage bay underneath. The bay area I would like to use is on the pass side about (3) doors back that has a slideout and an ac plug inside.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #23

What unit do you have? Thanks very much for the info
Jeff
Old 07-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #24

Excel Owners Club
We have two of the Dometic's, one about 12 years old the other 4 years old, one used as a freezer the other refrig. Both have been trouble free and we run them on 12 volt only. Spendy but well worth the money.
d.duin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #25

Hey Everybody,

Thank you very much for your input on this matter. We have decided on the ARB 63 quart Refrigerator / Freezer. In the end slightly more expense than the Dometic, Norcold and Whynter rigs of similar size and capacity, Slightly cheaper than the Engel which seemed like the top of the line but somewhat overpriced. We end up with a 3 year warranty and all the space we will need.
Thank you again very much
Jeff
Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #26

Hey Everybody,

When I originally posted this, Russel responded with a recommendation for the use of an aftermarket keyless entry from RV Lock Keyless Remote for Trailers, 5th Wheel and Campers. So, I ordered one and because I am still at sea, it has yet to be installed. First off for all Excel Winslow owners make sure you order the Version 2.0 which only comes in black. Second, I happened to be talking to the owner, Cade and he said that anyone, this means anyone who orders one of these devices from this forum will get a free remote in addition to what you order.
There you go, I love free stuff, hope this works out for you all to.
Russ since you started this you may end up getting one to also, check it out?

Jeff
Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #27

Jeff,

Just curious...why order the black? I have an Excel Winslow and installed a white one. Although either would look fine I prefer the white one with the color of my Winslow. The installation was a breeze and fit perfectly without any modification. Just wondering.

Jim
Old 07-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #28

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Everybody,

When I originally posted this, Russel responded with a recommendation for the use of an aftermarket keyless entry from RV Lock Keyless Remote for Trailers, 5th Wheel and Campers. So, I ordered one and because I am still at sea, it has yet to be installed. First off for all Excel Winslow owners make sure you order the Version 2.0 which only comes in black. Second, I happened to be talking to the owner, Cade and he said that anyone, this means anyone who orders one of these devices from this forum will get a free remote in addition to what you order.
There you go, I love free stuff, hope this works out for you all to.
Russ since you started this you may end up getting one to also, check it out?

Jeff
Thanks, Jeff.

I ordered an extra remote with my original order.

I wish I would have known. I may contact them and plead for a 3rd. I probably accounted for increasing their sales to cover the loss of a few free remotes....

I installed a black one. I'm pretty sure the v2.0 lock comes in black or white.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD

Tags
refrigerator