Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
I have never had anything stolen at a campground in 18 years of RVing. I never lock my storage containers at campgrounds. If locking up and nailing down everything makes you feel better, then go for it.
Sorry Doc for not being more specific. I wasn't talking just about RV campgrounds. I too have not had anything stolen at a campground. I have had things stolen in the past but not in the last 30 years because I do keep it locked up and nailed down.
CARLnJANIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2016, 12:56 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Nope 14 is correct. Ramps up to 15 when I'm feeling really smart! I realized when I said "teenager" I was stereotyping....shame on me! Just so happens the most theft is performed by a white, 15 year old male (based on the latest neighborhood watch meeting I attended).

Reminds me of old man in our park in Hemet, CA that was stealing TP out of the bathroom, paper towels, batteries out of the clocks, cans of coffee and etc. What's sad is this guys was not needy. The second time he got caught after being reprimanded they invited him to leave!!! This is obviously a sick man.
Some people are mentally ill. I had a roommate whose girlfriend was a kleptomaniac. She would take stuff from around the apartment and put it in a drawer in his dresser. He told me if I had something missing, just look in the drawer and it would usually be there, unless of course I just misplaced it.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I have never had anything stolen at a campground in 18 years of RVing. I never lock my storage containers at campgrounds. If locking up and nailing down everything makes you feel better, then go for it.
Doc, you are either very lucky or you have a "protected by Smith & Wesson" bumper sticker! Maybe you ain't got nothing worth stealing!!! Just kiddin'

We've two nice Watts water pressure regulators set ups stolen. Bike, bike parts, and tool box stolen (locked under bedcover). We aren't paranoid, but reasonably cautious. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:57 PM   #18

Excel Owners Club
The the regulators get stolen or did you leave them at the park?

I've found many regulators at campsites left by the previous camper.

Just sayin', with an IQ of 14 it could happen.....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
The the regulators get stolen or did you leave them at the park?

I've found many regulators at campsites left by the previous camper.

Just sayin', with an IQ of 14 it could happen.....
Nope, not this time. No water in the middle of the night for flushing the toilet. Thought maybe park water down. Same thing next morning. Walked out and the hose was laying on the ground. It be stolen. Now I paint the setup with flat black paint and hadn't had one lost lately. You know those setup cost about 75-80 bucks to make up.

May be those low-life parks we stay in!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:45 AM   #20

About 8 years ago someone stole our electric cord while parked ar smith center service center. At that time we used our own cords, shortly after that the service center started using their cords. Want to emphasize we have never had issues at the center since then. They took our 2 year cord and left an old beat up one. Obviously they switched as they were leaving town. Takes all kinds.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:27 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Here is the step modification in use. Took about a minute to remove the bottom step. No more walking on back of the bottom step.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160809_093215_1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	135484