Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Donna got some bad news regarding her medical check up here in Portland and we are planning to change our plans and stay here a while to tend to her health.

We decided to move the Journey up in the site so we can get 2 vehicles in the rear. This required a "longer" sewer system. Take a look at our Alaskan pipeline! Can anyone top this or should I call the Guiness world record folks? Holy mackeral, in addition to the regular EZ pivot hose (I got it cut to about 17ft.), I've got 2-20ft hoses streached to the max!

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Donna got some bad news regarding her medical check up here in Portland and we are planning to change our plans and stay here a while to tend to her health.

We decided to move the Journey up in the site so we can get 2 vehicles in the rear. This required a "longer" sewer system. Take a look at our Alaskan pipeline! Can anyone top this or should I call the Guiness world record folks? Holy mackeral, in addition to the regular EZ pivot hose (I got it cut to about 17ft.), I've got 2-20ft hoses streached to the max!

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 09-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Tom,
You've got the record in my book! I've had some long hookups, but your's is the longest I've seen -- other than folks using a macerator/pump and small hose.

Please give our best to Ms Donna and we'll keep her in our prayers/thoughts. You two mean alot to us -- even though you are a pain in the rear!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tom,

Our best to Ms Donna. She'll be in our prayers. We hope all goes well for her (and you too).

Now for the questions:
1. Why didn't you just move Journey back and park the cars in front? Or were you just trying for the record?

2. Are you going to tell Gov Palin about this new pipeline? You know about the taxes on it don't you?

3. Are you sure that the slope is great enough to clear " everything" from the hose. I mean there a lot of "stuff" flowing there.

Take care,

Tim & Roseann
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Yea, why didn't "Why didn't you just move Journey back and park the cars in front?" or was that too simple for Sir KnowItAll!!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Thanks all for the well wishes. We can feel the positive energy.

Tim,

The rear of the site has 2 parking slots wide of concrete....and they don't take kindly to parking on the grass.

I hear you on the slope...it is questionable. Don't know what else to do though. Guessing the weight of the black and grey cause a flow. The grey has been opened for almost 2 days and seems to be flowing OK. May be some grey water sitting static when nothing is flowing, but what is...is.

Taxes....I don't need no stinkin' taxes. I be paying enough taxes!

Later,
rockin'

Old 09-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #7

Tom, if you can feel the positive energy___I hope that you can feel the thoughts and prayers from Debra and I. Think of youall often and only the Best in the future.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
My apologies to SirKnowItAll -- I didn't know all of the story about the pad layout.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Chief,

No apology needed...I didn't splain!

And you gotta question me about everything...since I'm such a goof ball! rockin'
Old 09-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Tom,

Give Ms Donna a hug from us and you both are in our prayers.

With that "pipeline" you could park at our store and still reach the dump at the local campground

I will send you a picture of my new wheels.

Jim & Gloria
Old 09-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Ms Donna is in our prayers for sure. We look forward to seeing two down the road!

Not the same thing, but I am currently running my macerator pump through 125' of hose and so far, knock on wood by product, we have not burned out the motor... We are picking up sticks and heading for the Williamsburg GTG on Tuesday.

Cheers,
Chris and Helen

Da Kittens (Dora and Inky)
WldKargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Tom,
Tell Ms Donna best wishes for the medical issues. Seems like our bodies don't want to operate as they should as we get older.

As for the pipeline, going that far I would have bought some 3" PVC and adaptors that way you have a smooth surface for the black water to flow easier. 1" of slope for 10' will let it all flow down hill. That way you don't plug up and have a *&(^ outlook.

Take care of Ms Donna and treat her special.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Thanks again all for the well wishes! Still, I'd have to sell my "toy" truck to finance that much schedule 40 PVC pipe! Hopefully with a strong flush with a full grey after draining and flushing black will work! The existing sewer hose is stretched so much it almost smooth on the inside!
Old 09-22-2008, 01:46 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Rockin,

All our best to Ms. Donna.

- Steve & Linda

2003 Excel 33 RLE
John Deere Green is offline   Reply With Quote