RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seeking model year information

I am evaluating 33 and 35 foot Excel Limited RVs. Today I looked at the company history of luxury RVs and my decision was stunningly clear. That combined with excellent customer relations has now made me a huge Peterson Industries fan!

I think it is cool the level of detail offered of PI history; the ups and downs they have faced and share with the world. I have a great appreciation for the investment in tools and knowledge they have acquired. It made me think of the recent downfall of Carriage and I saw their auction sale list... Building luxury coaches requires enormous commitment to create enduring quality!

So... now that my manufacturer of choice is clear, please help me determine what 33 and 35 models were made between 2001 and 2004. Also if anyone is aware of notable changes between model years, that would be of interest as well.

Here's what I had for 2002:
33 -> rse rko tro
35 -> rle rlo ske sko lke lko pke ree rko

And here is an explanation of the letters (please add to this):

Ending E = Enclosed bath, more residential feel
Ending O = Open bath, more floor space
TR= Twin recliners
RK = Rear kitchen, rear entry
RS = ?
RL = Rear living
SK = Side kitchen
LK = Left kitchen not in slide
PK = Peninsula kitchen (huh?)
RE = Rear entertainment center

Life has been quite unbearable recently with the loss of my coach and impending surgeries. Every bit of positive encouragement and guidance makes this transition a little more bearable. Thanks for being a great community to turn to for advice!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
33 TKO

As I was digging around in PI history, I found that the 33 TKE was well liked.

Did PI ever make a TKO? I'd really love an open bath so I can crawl out of the shower onto the floor when needed.

Which other floor plans had the J/L lounge?????

Old 06-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
We have been discussing with Pres Bryan at PI about having a new home on wheels built. We prefer the O Open models. He tells us that for a fee (he quoted $700) any model except the new Front Living Room FLE can be made with separate toilet room. Of course we really like the FLE and that's the one we are thinking about having built. Go figure. Decisions...decisions.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
How timely that I come back after and absence and see your update today.

I figured out the best way to get reliable floor plan info by year was to look up each year for Excel on NADA, then do an image search with the keyword for the floorplan and year.

Here is a picture of a model I saw on my birthday. I liked it very much but don't remember the model.

Can someone tell me what that was? I think it might have been a 2007. It was pricey but perfect. I still can't get this one out of my thoughts.
http://whatdreamsmaycome.org/x/about.../sm_020112.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by didymop View Post
We have been discussing with Pres Bryan at PI about having a new home on wheels built. We prefer the O Open models. He tells us that for a fee (he quoted $700) any model except the new Front Living Room FLE can be made with separate toilet room. Of course we really like the FLE and that's the one we are thinking about having built. Go figure. Decisions...decisions.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I'm confused. You already owned a Excel (that burned up) and were very familur with PI and and even taked to Bryan and bragged on them before. Now you re-discovered them?
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Who are you talking to Chief? Didymop or thread maker? If to me, you've got my part all wrong.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Didy... he isn't talking to you. (())

Anyhow... I have been busy elsewhere, and came back recently to sell the burned RV in the classified. Otherwise I have a no need to be here.

People wanted to see the burned pictures when I was dealing with immense shock and pain, I couldn't volunteer them for legal reasons (which seems to be what caused animosity for some unfortunate reason) they can be found in the links:

Fire Damaged Excel 35SKO - Great for Burning Man! - RV & Motorhome Classifieds

Let's keep the conversation positive please. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be at this point. I hope my IRV friends were wrong that some people here just can't help themselves and that those people that offended me now understand gravity of the situation very clearly.

I'd like to think there are mostly nice people here. Otherwise, frankly it sets a bad example that will drive good people to better places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by didymop View Post
Who are you talking to Chief? Didymop or thread maker? If to me, you've got my part all wrong.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I was one of those who offered you advice in the beginning.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Chief,

If you were initially offering advice, I don't recall the context exactly... I apologize, but recent communication bothered me. I was dealing with extreme shock and pain when the unthinkable happened to me.

I bought that RV when I only had the power of my voice and money scraped together from people who loved me and every cent in my bank account.

My friend drove that RV across the entire country when I could not even sit up to watch the scenery.

30 days later a service provider I trusted worked on it, caught it on fire and destroyed it. Their insurance did not cover the loss.

I could not handle my basic daily needs when it happened. ...As if the assault to my physical, emotional and financial well-being weren't already severe enough.

I made something happen that seems impossible to many and it amazed them. Then it was taken away from me.

So what's next?

Well last time I was on IRV2 I didn't volunteer pictures and details due to the pending lawsuit... Someone ridiculed me saying I wasn't a real person and that I would soon be asking for money. ...I never did.

Some people jumped on-board the drama wagon while I was seriously contemplating jumping off the Golden Gate bridge. I'm really NOT joking.

Somehow... I got the guts and strength to do something even bigger than what a completely incapacitated person already did. ---- I am offering an inspirational presentation to the ENTIRE town where I live and love.

I'm giving people an opportunity to think about the power of their choices in the most adverse of circumstances..... IT IS ALWAYS THEIR CHOICE!

I am not hanging out with my hands out waiting for the world to change. I am changing my world and theirs by offering my perspective to them... If they want to help, wonderful... but I'm just happy they cared enough to listen to what I had to say.

The website is
http://WhatDreamsMayCome.ORG

The damaged RV pics are there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief02 View Post
I was one of those who offered you advice in the beginning.