RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
JDT

Sewer Hose

I know I can post things on a more general forum and probably get more answers. Just like to keep the Excel thing alive as we have something in common.

I did a complete revision of my dump connection. I removed the Pivot-Eze (sp?) and bought a 45 degree clear connector that I can attach to the dump pipe and then either my portable macerator or a regular hose. I like the macerator, it's great for dumping uphill at home, but I can't leave the grey tank open which is what I like to do when we are in one spot for a while. Makes it easier when the wife is running the washer to catch up on the dirty laundry.

Anyway, I need a new stinky slinky. None of them get great reviews on Amazon so thought I would ask what you folks use. I see there is an expensive green one thru Lippert but it has a different connection system which would not let me use my macerator. Most of the complaints are about leaks.

JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Jim, don't listen to me cause I'm the odd man out on this subject. We had EZ Pivots on all 3 of our Excels. My first (factory) hose lasted 8 month, pin holes and leaks. Purchased high end thick walled slinky and it was a mess (stiff and wouldn't shrink up in the EZ tube) to deal with when it got a bit cold. Found out the quick death of any slinky is UV rays. Once I started covering/protecting my hose from the sun, I never replaced one again. Just my take on it.

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #3

Here's an option...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181106_091152980.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	225208Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181106_091230042.jpeg
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	225209Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181106_091235561.jpeg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	225210
Old 11-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #4

Camco Rhino Flex...
Old 11-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Jim,

Couple years ago I got tired of the Pivot-Eze setup and removed it totally. I glued a short 3" ABS pipe section on where I made a cut and then added an additional 3" gate valve on the end of that. The outside of this gate valve has a standard four prong end. I attach either a stinky slinky or a macerator pump as needed. At home I also have that gravity problem you mentioned.

As for hoses I've using Camco RhinoEXTREME hoses with good luck. Got them in both our Excel and Minnie Winnie. I assembled hoses carriers for both RVs made out of 5" PVC fence post with a PVC rain gutter as a drawer. Fixed one end cap with screws to the post and made a second top cap into a hinged door. Same system on both RVs. By twisting the three way threaded sewer adapter apart at the 90 degree point both half parts fit nicely into the rain gutter drawer.

I agree with Tom, keep your hoses out of the sunlight.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote