Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #43

Excel Owners Club
Virg,
Well, did the faucet come in yet? We need an update, buddy! I'm anxious for you to get back to fishing and all that! Rock
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #44

Excel Owners Club
CW shipped it FedEx second day so it is scheduled for delivery by 7PM tomorrow.

I'm waiting until it arrives to take out the current faucet because I have to leave the water off once I disconnect the faucet. (pretty good for me to figure that out don't you think?
)
More to come.........
Old 06-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #45

Excel Owners Club
The CW faucet arrived at about 5:30. It is about 7:00 now and the new faucet is installed. The dryer is back on the wall, vent connected and it actually WORKS!!!The door jam is reinstalled and the door is hung and one piece of door trim is back in place. I need a few small finish nails to reinstall the second piece of trim.

I turned the connection for the shower head to the bottom this time and now when you turn off the water, the shower hose drains from the bottom of the shower control body. Also, there is no leak on the back of the shower so......

If a leaking shower control body was my problem, the brass gutted new one appears to have solved it!

We'll see after a few days use.

Thanks to all who helped and those who sent me PM's of encouragement. Thanks to you, it all worked.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #46

Excel Owners Club
Good job, Virg! You are a trusty soul, puttin' the dryer back in without a day or two of confidence checking. Your luck must run better than mine!

I knew you could do it! Isn't it nice to have friends that have more confidence in you than you do yourself!!! Way to go Virgy! Now...go take a shower...PLEASE take a shower!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 06-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #47

Excel Owners Club
Virg,

See, it wasn't that bad was it? Glad you got it fixed.

Paul

04 Excel 33RSE
clspds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Congrats buddy -- we knew you had in you all along. Keep it up, and we'll have to rename you 'Mr. FixItAll'
Old 06-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #49

Excel Owners Club
Virg,

Great job.

Now that you have completed your first task for "Mr. FixItAll, The Apprentice", you only have 11 more weeks of tasks to complete.

We salute you for your perseverance, ingenuity and your can do attitude.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:40 AM   #50

Excel Owners Club
Well darnit, this morning I found water in the basement. Still looks like it is coming from the cold water shower pipe (that's the one that is wet anyway) so........

Because I HATE home repairs so much and obviously am not good at them, I have this 5 year warranty plan from "Route 66" and then I am also still under warranty from Excel. My question is are water leaks covered under my Excel 2 year warranty or do I go to the other plan. It matters as to where I drag the trailer to for repair.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #51

Excel Owners Club
Virg,

Oh no...sorry to hear that . If the factory warranty is still in effect, it takes precedence over the extended warranty. rockin'
Old 07-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #52

Excel Owners Club
We purchased a 2008 33RSE late last year. About a month ago we discovered a leak in the basement that seemed to happen after I ran the washer. That turned out to be a red herring...the real problem was the shower faucet that had been installed without a rubber washer. The water took some time to make it to the basement and it did not start dripping until I ran the washer a couple hours later (probably due to the agressive spin cycle).

We are enjoying the Excel and will like it even better without the leak!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #53

Excel Owners Club
Isn't that a coincidence. My final (primary) leak was caused by a cracked rubber hose washer on the hot water feed to the washing machine.

I also had secondary leaks in the shower control body which we replaced and in the shower drain.

After several days labor from me and 30 minutes at the dealer service area, all is dry in the Funhouse basement.