Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
JLS

Excel Owners Club
The faucet handles on the kitchen and bathroom faucets in our 08 RT squeek like crazy when turned on and off. I would like to remove the handles and apply some silicon lubricant to stop the noise but can't see a way to remove them. No cap, no screws nothing obvious. Has anyone else had this problem?

2008 Excel R26TRW
JLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Don't have an answer for you...but would call Jack at PI on Monday AM and ask him or shoot him an email. Sounds like you're still under warranty. Good luck! Don't forget to give us the fix for it. rockintom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:21 AM   #3

As the fixtures in my unit, a 2001, has single handle faucets....I will assume yours does also. Both of my fixtures are made by American Standard and the handles are removed by removing a set screw located beneath a small cap near the bottom and just above the rim under the handle's arm. Mine have a red and blue color and the tip of a sharp knife will get under the lip of the cap to lift it. Here is a KITCHEN FAUCET of the kitchen unit. +++++Was unable to go the the direct page...so select the parts breakdown on one of the 4205 series faucets.+++++

If the bath faucet has two handles, the handle/arms are usually sitting on a valve stem and screwed/fastened from the top. There is a cap there also at the top of the handle and might not be easily seen.

As seen in the parts breakdown, the handle is attached, with the set screw, to the notch in the CARTRIDGE, second item. most are sealed and nothing to easily grease like the older brass stems that could be taken appart and have plumbers grease applied. Unless the handles is rubbing, I'm not sure if there is much to grease. My handles ride 'high' on the fixtures and can't see how they could rub unless not positioned correctly and rubbing. Does seam strange it's at fixtures in different locations.

Could understand a leak before a squeek on the newer valves...Hope something helped.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:43 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
If the handles in your '08 RT are the same as the ones in our '07 Classic, look at the top of the handles...there is a plastic tab about the length of the handle (I originally thought these were just decorations). Take a small screwdriver or something similar and pop the tab off and you can then lubricate them...I'd suggest using silicone spray.

We did this with ours and found that the lube only lasted for a short while and they were back to squeeking again. When the faucet in the bathroom started leaking, we replaced it with a nice Moen faucet...problem solved!

We've yet to replace the faucet in the kitchen, but will probably do so one of these days.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
JLS

Excel Owners Club
Thanks to all. The reply from LindaH was right on the money. I would have never guessed those to be anything but decoration. Silicone spray helped the one in the bath but did nothing for the kitchen. We'll just have to live with it for now but when we get home in the spring I will replace them both.

2008 Excel R26TRW
JLS is offline   Reply With Quote