Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Something New

A friend sent this to me. Interesting. https://btrvinnovations.com/
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2016, 04:38 PM   #2
JDT

Sure wish I had one of those.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
WOW never new where the pivot came from also realize that you could screw on an extension and store a longer hose.. thanx Rockin"
cwo4mstumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #4

I would guess PI sold the right to the idea? I have had people look at mine, take photos and say they were going to build their own.
Masch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:40 AM   #5

That looks like another gadget that nobody actually needs.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Update: My info was wrong. Bryan called me yesterday and stated he developed this option back in 1996 and didn't ever get a patent on it. So he's selling them to folks with all brands of rigs. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:53 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
That looks like another gadget that nobody actually needs.
It's actually very cool and handy. Makes dumping a breeze, especially at dump stations.

Don't knock it till you try it.

I would want to be without my Pivot EZ.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
It looks like a neat idea. But I'm not sure I would want something sticking out below the chassis. I've been in CGs where their roads would definitely take that off your rig. Still it is cool!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:11 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
It looks like a neat idea. But I'm not sure I would want something sticking out below the chassis. I've been in CGs where their roads would definitely take that off your rig. Still it is cool!
I primarily camp at State Parks and COE's. Never had an issue with the Pivot EZ after 3 1/2 years and 43K miles and some rugged interior roads.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:23 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
I am going on 13 years with Pivot EZ and have never had a problem with mine.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:31 PM   #11
JDT

Looks like the negative comments are from motorhome owners. I would think this would only work on towables and is not intended for motorhomes. Bryan, I'll post a good comment as I have certainly found ours to be very useful and makes a messy job easier.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
[ModEdit]
Yep, I looked at it and concluded it was for TT's or 5th wheels so no need to comment about it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Update: My info was wrong. Bryan called me yesterday and stated he developed this option back in 1996 and didn't ever get a patent on it. So he's selling them to folks with all brands of rigs. rockin'
Thanks Rockin for the initial post. I can always count on you for keeping me up to date and informed.

I thought the Pivot-EZ was a useful item to have when I had the Beast. All one has to do is walk around a campground and one can see the many options or lack of them for the way RV'ers deal with the hoses and dumping options....sometimes I can't imagine how some flows.

As I have set May aside as a upgrade and maintenance period for the Alpenlite...I will order one and add it to the list of things to do.

workhorse
Old 04-07-2016, 08:42 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Our maiden voyage was to Lake Pointe RV Resort at Canyon Lake northwest of New Braunfels, TX. It was a nice place with level concrete pads. The area was rocky so when they were laying the sewer for our particular site, they had to stop short. Instead of the sewer being near the other utilities, it was at the back of the trailer near the spare tire. I had to rotate the Pivot-EZ 190 degrees to point it at the sewer. It didn’t like being pivoted that far. The hose in the Pivot-EZ would not reach the sewer. Fortunately, I had previously purchased another section of sewer hose just for a reason like this. I had to run the hose on the pad under the trailer because the grade on the utility side of the trailer slanted downhill about a foot from the back of the pad. The Pivot-EZ still did the job. Easy to deploy and store the hose. I’m planning on purchasing a piece of PVC sewer pipe with an outside diameter that is slightly smaller than the inside diameter of the Pivot-EZ giving me a short extension that I can slide in and out to reach the sewer.
CARLnJANIS is offline   Reply With Quote