Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Squeaky SHURflo Comfort Air Fan

My SHURflo vent fan started squeaking a couple of weeks ago; was driving me nuts! I didn't find anywhere in the manual if there was a way to lubricate it, so I called SHURflo customer service at 800-854-3218. I was told it couldn't be lubricated. The customer service rep asked for my address and said she would get a new motor out to me right away. Wow, I wasn't expecting that! Kudos to SHURflo!

gdbontly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdbontly View Post
My SHURflo vent fan started squeaking a couple of weeks ago; was driving me nuts! I didn't find anywhere in the manual if there was a way to lubricate it, so I called SHURflo customer service at 800-854-3218. I was told it couldn't be lubricated. The customer service rep asked for my address and said she would get a new motor out to me right away. Wow, I wasn't expecting that! Kudos to SHURflo!

Glenn....that is too weird as several friends have told me mine squeaks while running in the lower speeds. I'm so darn deaf I can't hear it. Too many days of running race car engines inside in Butler (tin) building with open headers, I guess!!! What a dummy!

Was yours noisy (squeak) on the lower speeds?

Regarding the fact that Shurflo upheld their warranty doesn't surprise me....cause their competition (Fantastic Fan) warranty's the product for life and do a great job of standing tall when you have an issue, in my experience. rockybaby

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Tom,

Yes, fan was noisy on low speed AND high speed. Not quite as noticeable on low, but really bad on high!
gdbontly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
I have replaced two of them in four years, for vibration at higher speeds. This one is just as loud as the others now, plenty loud in such a small room.

Haven't found another any better to fit in that space, not without installing a new vent system through the roof for a larger home quality fan.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce and Jenna View Post
I have replaced two of them in four years, for vibration at higher speeds. This one is just as loud as the others now, plenty loud in such a small room.

Haven't found another any better to fit in that space, not without installing a new vent system through the roof for a larger home quality fan.
Are you sure you're not referring to the Ventline fan in the bathroom? In 2007 I believe PI was still using the "Fantastic Fan" in the living room and/ or kitchen. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom

Are you sure you're not referring to the Ventline fan in the bathroom? In 2007 I believe PI was still using the "Fantastic Fan" in the living room and/ or kitchen. rockin'
My 2010 still has a fantastic in the living room and has really done the job. During this summer here in Chico Ca I've been running it about 12 hours a day. My son has a sure flow and he is on his third one in just over year.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Regarding the fact that Shurflo upheld their warranty doesn't surprise me....cause their competition (Fantastic Fan) warranty's the product for life and do a great job of standing tall when you have an issue, in my experience. rockybaby[/QUOTE]

I hope this continues as I have had the same experience with Fantastic Fan a couple of times over the years. However, the company was recently bought by Atwood and I will be really suprised if they continue the lifetime replacement parts in the future. Sure hope I'm wrong.
bigmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am on my 4th shurflo vent fan motor in 1 year. Now this one is starting to squeak. I will wait until the motor completely dies again before I call them for another warranty replacement. Don't ask me what I think about Shurflo's quality. However, their customer service has been good.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan