Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #1037

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Moto..You are up late...Did you get a chance to see the Space Station fly over your area tonight?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:16 AM   #1038

MM,
I did it the first day and it was awesome for one minute. I'll do it again at 9:26 in the WSW sky.

Rockin.

Did you get some pics of the Swiss Misses?
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #1039

Normally I do not like to post my MoHo stuff in the Excel thread but it is worth noting here. A couple staying at our campground approached us stating they were the original owners of our Beaver. We chatted with them and he provided some very good history. They are both from Argentina and speak with a thick German accent. Nice people. How good is that?.
Phil
Old 07-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #1040

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojavaphil View Post
Normally I do not like to post my MoHo stuff in the Excel thread but it is worth noting here. A couple staying at our campground approached us stating they were the original owners of our Beaver. We chatted with them and he provided some very good history. They are both from Argentina and speak with a thick German accent. Nice people. How good is that?.
Phil

Moto, how neat ! It really is a small world. I just have that man thing about me and it would be hard for me to meet the previous owner of the Beaver.
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #1041

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Phil
Way kewl brother Moto........way kewl! A reason to celebrate....you know, margs on the deck kinda thing!! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #1042

Excel Owners Club
Quote:

Rockin.

Did you get some pics of the Swiss Misses?
No, Moto, but I still have burned in my pea pickin head a nice picture of them!!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 07-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #1043

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Phil
Phil...were they able to give you more tips & info on your Beaver- or did you tell them more then they knew?

Old 07-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #1044

HaHaHa, I should have known discussing my Beaver here would get no mercy.
He had some of the same issues we have from new and took some actions to correct them. We had one overheating episode and he confirmed the same problem and told us what he did. That was the major issue we discussed. He also told me he took the Bose Wave Radio, so that is why it is not here. He also has the external screens for the front window and will send them to us and told me how and where he had the bra made for it. He had the exterior clear coated when new and to this day it looks sharp. I filled him in on the history after he sold it and where we bought it. The incredible part is that we are staying in a quiet, out of the way campground, and they were here. He asked about 5th wheels and I sent him to RV Sales in Moriarty for an Excel with my recommendations. The encounter was helpful. They currently own a Fleetwood MoHo with mixed feelings about it. They put the majority of miles on this rig with the second owner barely using it. It sat for a couple years till we purchased it at RV Sales. We have some newer issues but the bulk of things are related to the build. Hope this is not TMI.
Phil
Old 07-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #1045

Excel Owners Club
Since RED'S THREAD got off topic maybe we can be on topic here!
Old 07-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #1046

Excel Owners Club
The Good Old days

Our attitudes have stayed the same for over seventy years! The question is would you have Full Timed then?
Old 07-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #1047

Hey Rockin,

I was over at RV Sales today. I saw Rosie, Tim is fishing and helping out a friend. I heard you found Joy at the reunion. Would you like to comment on this. I did see the Winslow. Very nice rig.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #1048

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Rockin,
I heard you found Joy at the reunion. Would you like to comment on this.

Joy??? Who???
Old 07-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #1049

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
Joy??? Who???
...or is that How or What!!?
(Still kiddin', SKIA!!)

Old 07-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #1050

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Hey Rockin,

I was over at RV Sales today. I saw Rosie, Tim is fishing and helping out a friend. I heard you found Joy at the reunion. Would you like to comment on this. I did see the Winslow. Very nice rig.
Tim, Rosie and I went over to visit some Colorado/NM friends and there was Joy. Introduction were made and Joy listened carefully to SKIA's BS. Then I started teasin' her a bit and did that girl come alive. I was stunned and darn near speechless with some of her comeback. Man, I had met my match!!! She quickly became my Smith Center girlfriend!!! We did happy hours and lunch together. What a hoot! That's it!!! Unless Tim and Rosie remember more.....