Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #211

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by MonacoMama:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rockintom:
Hi guys,
Well we spent this evening with MM and SacsTC and we had great time. For those folks wondering if MM was really a woman...well I still can't really tell! I'll post a picture later and you take a guess!

Just funnin'! Oh my goodness, we did get the full Troll Salmon dinner, which was outstanding! I WILL post a pic of that.

SacsTC is a real nice guy....a bit beat down...but a nice guy! He and Donna had a lot of stories to exchange!

Checkout this chow and the little Troll guy!
Thanks a millon for great evening with good friends and yummy food!
SKIA...(Does anyone know for sure abt the SKIA.. or can he just talks his way through anything?? !!!)We are glad we had a chance to visit with you and confirm that no matter what- we will always find some great new friends here on the forum!
As you can see -Tom & Donna did actualy meet with the Troll ...

Again- it was a nice evening - Thank You for giving me my first "Excel Troll Dinner".

MM
(PS- you won't post a picture of me will you? Don't forget about Mistress Mandy and the !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at those rosy cheeks....reckon it was the spicy marinade on the salmon??
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2008, 02:12 AM   #212

We have been down in Corpus Christi since Christmas. Drove over to South Padre Island and the temps got up to 90 degrees. I guess they will be going down soon but this sandal and short stuff could be tempting. Margaritas on the beach!
Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #213

Excel Owners Club
You know I just don't hear much about everyones travels. This year I was in 19 states. I think Rockin put a few miles on too! Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #214

Excel Owners Club
Book,
I don't think we did 19 states this year, maybe 16...but did manage to rack up about an average of $900. a month fuel bill!!!

Last year we did the New England states and you can rack up the states quick on that run! Also did alot of Ontario, CN. What fun! Today we arrived at our winter destination in Hemet, CA near Palm Springs!Got here late so only got to set up...nice park so far, will post some pix on the blog soon so...check it out! Happy New Year to all. May it be fun, healthy and happy! RockinTheNewYearIn
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 12-29-2008, 05:18 AM   #215

Excel Owners Club
In 2008 we stayed in 12 states. We are not full timers we only travel about 6 months a year.

04 Excel 33RSE
clspds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 AM   #216

Good Golly Miss Molly, we have been in only four States this year in light of our anchor in New Mexico. I need to get this slackermobile "rockin and a rollin". Now where did I put that Margarita? Pass the suntan lotion!
Phil
Old 12-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #217

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
LOL... Well, Phil...I have always been an expert in one of those choices ...which may explain why the coach has only been in 2 states this past year!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:27 AM   #218

MM,
You could fit four New England's into New Mexico although they may not want to be sqeezed in . I wonder how many Oregon's you can get into Texas? I need one of those CNN Election Maps, it sure would make for a good poker game . Oh well, just blame Rockin and Book. Shorts and sandals again today, nice uniform. Rode the ferry to Mustang Island yesterday. Morgan, my Lab, will be going to the beach today for some frisbee and dog foolishness. Phil
Old 12-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #219

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Shorts and sandals again today, nice uniform
I agree! Only put on jeans to go into the woods with the Rangers. This is real tough duty down here. Don't recommend it for anyone.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:10 AM   #220

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by rockintom:
Book,
I don't think we did 19 states this year, maybe 16...but did manage to rack up about an average of $900. a month fuel bill!!!
RockinTheNewYearIn

Last winter when fuel prices started to go up I called Cummins and Banks and they both told me that with the low sulfur diesel everyone was complaining that consumption was up and fuel mileage down, .neither one would recommend an additive. I did some research and what I found is Amsoil is what a lot of people really liked but I will not put my credit card number on the internet so I started using a pint of Mystery Oil each tank (I have a 54 gallon fuel tank), while fueling in the truck stops I would talk and question the truckers and they are throwing whatever is the cheapest in their fuel, motor oil, 2 in 1, ect. So I decided to use what I have heard for years and put in a quart of ATF oil. It increased my fuel mileage pulling my rig, 1.7 MPG and I could not believe how that truck is performing . Last fall I had a new rear end put in my Jeep in a shop in Williams, Ca. and that mechanic told me to even put ATF in in my Jeep and I have been trying it maybe a pint every 3rd fill up. I know when the Germans invented the diesel it was made to run on peanut oil and a friend of mine is running his on vegetable oil. You guys being died in the wool and just straight fuel from the pumps? Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:09 AM   #221

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by book2roadtrash:

Last winter when fuel prices started to go up I called Cummins and Banks and they both told me that with the low sulfur diesel everyone was complaining that consumption was up and fuel mileage down, .neither one would recommend an additive. I did some research and what I found is Amsoil is what a lot of people really liked but I will not put my credit card number on the internet so I started using a pint of Mystery Oil each tank (I have a 54 gallon fuel tank), while fueling in the truck stops I would talk and question the truckers and they are throwing whatever is the cheapest in their fuel, motor oil, 2 in 1, ect. So I decided to use what I have heard for years and put in a quart of ATF oil. It increased my fuel mileage pulling my rig, 1.7 MPG and I could not believe how that truck is performing . Last fall I had a new rear end put in my Jeep in a shop in Williams, Ca. and that mechanic told me to even put ATF in in my Jeep and I have been trying it maybe a pint every 3rd fill up. I know when the Germans invented the diesel it was made to run on peanut oil and a friend of mine is running his on vegetable oil. You guys being died in the wool and just straight fuel from the pumps? Book2
I would be careful doing that. Check out some of these sites.

You should first take a close look at the size of the holes the fuel sprays through, and see if you think the thicker ATF glop is going to have a fun time there:

6.0L fuel injector

Then look at this:

Can I use ATF (automatic transmission fluid) as a lubricant in my fuel

and this

Using ATF as a diesel fuel additive

and this is from another forum. This person is a bit excitable

<span class="ev_code_RED">Man... I'll be the first to post it... ARE YOU PEOPLE NUTS!!!

As many of you have stated... "in the old days... and old timer said & used..." is just that "old days"... these are the new days!!

Todays engines have tighter tolerances, operate with very strict computerized systems and there are many quality products that would or do the same job without the risk of problems or voiding your warranty.

Why you should not use ATF in your oil and or fuel system.

1) $40,000 and you want old school advice?

2) ATF in your oil will loosen large deposits and cause problems - should have been changing oil and filters more often it would seem?

3) ATF in fuel will look like dyed fuel or AG fuel

4) ATF will dilute fuel and change it's properties and is not recommended by any fuel company I know of or any current truck manufacture as well.

5) Some companies even question the use or even if its necessary to use fuel additives as it is, but many of us do. Some people have claimed that they NEVER have and still get 300,000 - 500,000 on their motors?

Common sense would or should dictate that adding oil modifies to your oil changes the characteristics of the oil and adding ATF to your fuel changes the fuel's as well - for the worse (or no real benefit at least). At least fuel treatments designed for diesels is just that designed for diesels.

Except for anti gel and fuel conditioners, nothing but stock air filters, exhausts and and the like for me.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Jeff
</span>

I just spent $1200 replacing all the glow plugs, harness and relay and they wanted another $900 for the fuel pump as they said it was noisy, never dropped pressure but noisy and will probably fail sometime in the future. I may put in some Stanadyne Performance Formula to reduce the noise but I ain't going to start experimenting now.

I have been around cars my whole life and have done just about everything as far as working on them. That was years ago before you started plugging in your carburetor to make it work. With all the electronics on these things today I don't feel comfortable using ideas of "what we did twenty years ago".

I just heard that my freaking gas pedal does not even hookup to anything. No shaft, no cable, just some sensor to determine the position of the pedal.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:36 AM   #222

Excel Owners Club
SKIA has an opinion on this and Larry G. I agree with you...I made a post a few minutes ago and I typed for 30 minutes and of course didn't copy before I hit enter....you know it....it went away. I type too darn slow to do it again. Most of my info is about 4 yrs. old so not up-to-date. Maybe post later this evening. Happy New Year all! SKIATypesLikeAChild
Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #223

Excel Owners Club
When it rains the roof of my camper gets wet....this seems to interfere with watering the plants inside.

Is this off topic enough??? HAPPY NEW YEARS everyone.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:07 AM   #224

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
SKIATypesLikeAChild
Types like a child????????????
IS a...