Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2012, 04:35 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Our new Didymop (which I'm growing to love more and more each day) a 36RKM, has the thermostat on the right wall as we climb the stairs to the bedroom. Problem is that it's placed far enough towards the bathroom door that when the door is opened all the way, it smoosches the plastic thermostat which i know is going to crack it one of these days. We're/I'm tempted to move it a bit down on the wall as far as the wiring will allow; closer to the light switch.

Anyone else had this issue and/or come up with a better solution? I put a little clear rubber bumper on the edge of the thermostat but all that does is prevent the door from being marred; the thermostat still is hit.

Bryan, you all may need to have a look at this please. Just another suggestion.

Thanks. Sgt Beth
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Why don't you put a door stop on the floor or wall, if the floor is worry that it will become a toe getter put it on the wall or make a block of wood and paint it to match the wall all sorts of ideas here
Old 11-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightriderrv View Post
Why don't you put a door stop on the floor or wall, if the floor is worry that it will become a toe getter put it on the wall or make a block of wood and paint it to match the wall all sorts of ideas here
X2 rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Here is what I did on mine. Don't remember the reason why I did it but I put a door stop up high near the top of the door. Reason is it is out of the way and most people will never see it up there.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
Here is what I did on mine. Don't remember the reason why I did it but I put a door stop up high near the top of the door. Reason is it is out of the way and most people will never see it up there.
still......now that I remember back.....I recommended that on a rig that was in stock at RV Sales and the door knob was hittling the wall when the door was opened all the way. We are powerful when we "team up" in numbers. Besides it give us some "ol' man stories" we can share when we get together. Bet ol' Sgt. Beth could get into some "ol' man stories", don't you recon??? Just funnin'... rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Think I'll look at putting the bumper on the wall ; good suggestion) versus on the floor as I sense it will become an issue with toes and feets if put at a lower level.

I'm still suggesting PI give a look at the placement on the wall of the thermostat so we don't have to improvise an after market bumper.

And now onto another project.........SGT Beth
Old 11-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Took the removed bathroom vessel/sink to the local Habitat ReStore to donate it and got two flexible door stops for 25 cents each. Put one up on the top for the bedroom door too. It was a win-win for all. Love the ReStores.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Goodie-Goodie.......I love stories with happy endings. rockybaby
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Yep. And they live happily ever after, too.

Sgt Beth