Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
We are headed to ND in a few days and don't have a clue of what are the "must see" things to do there. Any help! Max1 you live there! Thanks, rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
We are headed to ND in a few days and don't have a clue of what are the "must see" things to do there. Any help! Max1 you live there! Thanks, rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 07-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #3

We enjoyed the Peace Garden and the Teddy Roosevelt parks, plus just driving through the state was very enjoyable.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #4

Don't forget the huge metal sculptures. You can see one from I-94 and drive a little north to see more.
Also, take in the pitchfork fondue along with the musical at Medora. You won't regret it!!
RVwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Thanks for the recommendations! Tom
Old 07-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #6

Does this mean I may actually get to Meet The Legend . Tom tell me when and what part of the state you are comming through and I might be able to make some suggestions. I would also suggest you take some time and just drive around in the country on the gravel and prairie trails to get a real look at what some of this area is like as if one just drives through on highways you dont really see the geological diversity of the countryside. We will be at Parhall Bay/Vanhook Arm on Lake Sakakawea from the 11th to the 15th next weekend staying at the county park and would be happy to take you out for some walleye fishing on Sakakawea. PM me and I can give you some more contact info if you like.
Have a great trip

2007 Excel, 30RSO, Demco Glide Ride, B&W Companion.
Max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:30 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Wow this is great! I've gather a lot of data from a thread on RV.net. And I was worried about "not much to do in ND" to can we do all this in a week? Max1 inviting rockin out to fish sounds like an accidental downing in the process! There may be payoffs for your help right here on this site Paul! Right now we have just gathered data on the state, now we are gonna have to take a look at the routing in the next few days. I will PM you when we come up with something. Thanks and hope we can get together! Tom
Old 07-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #8

Oh yah, let me see now.
There is the drive and the Wal-Mart.
Cruisin route 2 and heddin to Fargo.
Bookin a big weekend in DULUTH.
Sunflowers and Taverns.
Taverns and Venison and Taverns.
Summer floods and Taverns and lots of wonderful people.

NORTH DAKOTA's three seasons: WINTER, IT's still WINTER and ALMOST WINTER.

Oh yah that's the truth, ya betcha.
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:03 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Thanks again. Good stuff! Tom
Old 07-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Max1 inviting rockin out to fish sounds like an accidental downing in the process! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Max, if there's anything I can do to help.....
Old 07-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Virg,
I can tell that your AC must still be working .....otherwise you be begging for my pesky help!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #12

Tom, If you follow this Route from the Dells it will take you to Parshall Bay Recreation area where we shall be from the 11th to the 15th. Its a pretty nice camp groung with 50A service and some picnic shelters as well first come first serve only. Also from there itis a scenic drive to Medora by way of ND22 from Parshall then left on ND23 to Dickinson crossing the Little Missouri then right on I94 to Medora and the South Unit of Theodore Roosevelt National Park

Also if you go through Bismarck Mandan on I94 I suggest staying at Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park it sits right on the Missouri River and is where general Custer last lived and left from before his death at the Little Bighorn Battelfield Site In MT just off I94. Also at the state park is Custers house, infantry posts and Indian earth lodges with renactments ect through out the summer.
Hope something helps

Old 07-06-2008, 07:18 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Paul,
Thanks for all the informantion. Great stuff. Our route is going to to go very north WI near Lake Superior to visit friends when we leave here (The Dells) and then to the Duluth, MN area for a week. We probably won't get to that area of ND til late July. With fuel prices we are taking our time and not running hard. Thanks again for all the poop. Tom
Old 07-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #14

Tom It sounds like you may come through on HWY 2 or Hwy 52 both of which join and become HWY 2n52 on the west edge of Minot ND, and take you directly past Burlington ND where I live on the Deslacs River. 2n52 then split again just west of Burlington.
We have our annual trip out west to the mountains planned for the end of july through August so am not sure if we will be around but am sure if your heading that way we could meet somewhere along the way maybe even in Yellowstone Park, I have some good info on it as well. Just give me a buzz anytime!! No not that kinda buzz well maybe