Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2007, 03:34 AM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Chief,

Are you trying to scare me off with big city words....remember IQ 14...and that was before last night! Also remember, my bride is listening!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2007, 03:20 AM   #16

redcow,

Sorry, but I think Tom is looking!

I remember when I posted my first Topic...Shock Rub. Tom was the first to reply with part answer and part question, but serious. After a couple of back and forths...he replied that he just when out and looked at his shocks to try and understand what I was talking about. The TIME was 10:34PM...10:34PM!...I started thinking, what kind of a crazy man is this!

I would have given anything to have seen the look on Donna's face as Tom was standing at the door with a flashlight in one hand and the other one waving around, with dirt and grass on his back trying to explain what he was doing. But I'm sure the look on Donna's was priceless also.

After several months on the Forum, I now know that Tom isn't as crazy as I first thought. He's someone that enjoys people, having fun and helping those around him.

Wish You, Tom, and Donna and everyone on the Forum a Merry Christmas and a Safe New Year.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:43 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Chris,
What a nice compliment. You, too, are too kind. Your one of the "techies" on this site that help and share info with folks! We thank you for all you do. BTW, on the shock deal...I was mad at myself cause I didn't know the answer without having to look. I went under just to make sure I was giving you the straight poop! It's also possible that 10:24 PM may have been 7:34 PM (still in happy hour time!) 'cause we were in CA at that time! What fun we have here. Please keep up all of your help as we definitely learn from one another. We are pretty powerful in numbers!

BTW..my electrical problem (batts not charging going down the road issue) seems to have gone away. The only thing I can think of is that I must have had the battery disconnect off on that run. You'd thought I would have remembered when I switched it back on...but old age is slowly creeping up me.

Anyway, thanks for the nice post and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.
Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 12-24-2007, 03:57 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Workshop:
redcow,

Sorry, but I think Tom is looking!

I remember when I posted my first Topic...Shock Rub. Tom was the first to reply with part answer and part question, but serious. After a couple of back and forths...he replied that he just when out and looked at his shocks to try and understand what I was talking about. The TIME was 10:34PM...10:34PM!...I started thinking, what kind of a crazy man is this!"

Workshop,

I should have know better than to think Tom was not looking. You can not get anything bye that guy.
That's why we all love him.

Jim
Old 12-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #19

Tom,

Now you have gone and done IT!

My life would have been better knowing that you were under your unit that late at night. Also, after viewing your photo's of Tom does Chicken Right, You are nothing like I thought...much taller and ...., don't want to embarrass!

Also thanks for the kind words. I to have learned things here and like to share if I can. You all have made me a better "Poster".

Glad to here feedback on your battery problem and glad it was simple or....I always like getting feedback, that way you know if the advice or help is heading in the right direction. Have been working on a Topic on the battery connection thingie I offered to do. Have it on AutoCad now, but I keep adding things to it so it never seems complete. Have taken pictures of the switches etc and now need to figure out the posting pictures thing. Hopefully the new year it will be out there.

Was it really 7:34PM!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:47 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You are nothing like I thought...much taller and ...., don't want to embarrass! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

more handsome...maybe? If this keeps up, we'll have to take this to another website!

P.S. Virg gets jealous real easy!
Old 12-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Well Tom, since you have most of the folks fooled here.

I prononunce you the winner of this years Snowman P**P award.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:02 PM   #22

Excel Owners Club
That's the nicest thing that's happen to this year! What's the prize?
Old 12-24-2007, 04:44 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
We're giving RockinTom too much attention. He'll have Ms. Donna waiting on him and replying "Sir, Yes Sir" to all his commands.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Chief,

You got part of it right....ya'll are giving me too much attention!!!!!

The other part....well... ....you get the picture!

Merry Christmas just one more time!
Tom
Old 12-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #25

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">more handsome...maybe? If this keeps up, we'll have to take this to another website!

P.S. Virg gets jealous real easy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now wait just a minute. This is where I draw the line. Miss Jo is always telling, me..."if you weren't so cute, you'd be absolutely worthless".
Old 12-25-2007, 04:14 AM   #26

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now wait just a minute. This is where I draw the line. Miss Jo is always telling, me..."if you weren't so cute, you'd be absolutely worthless". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 12-25-2007, 04:21 AM   #27

Excel Owners Club
Well since no one has noticed....l guess I'll just mention that today is my first year anniversary on this site!

That's 543 post of Rockintom's verbal spewage! Just doesn't seem like a year.... or does it?

What a minute...I heard that...that guy is so full of himself!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 04:51 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
AND, our lives are forever changed ???? 'in