Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Linda,
Just wondering which 5 drawer unit you found to fit in the washer/dryer space? Does your unit have the piping for w/d in this closet?
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #16

Excel Owners Club
How well does the in-house vacuum work? We have a Corgi dog, and we need to vac up his hair completely. Will that vac do the job? And where do you store the hose? Must be about 20' of hose? Does it take up a lot of room?

The alternative is an upright vac model. But I'm not sure where we can store it.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:53 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
I store my hose and attachments in a sterlite box. Just for fun one day I borrowrd a vac to see if the central was missing any thing and I couldn't hear that vac picking any thing up. I also carry a small wet vac to use above my slide outs and so I do not have to worry about stepping on the hose when I am cleaning. Also the wet vac is nice in cause you have water leak to dry you're carpet.

I don't give em h*ll, I just ntell the truth and they think it's h*ll "Harry Truman"
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
Thanks book2.

Any opinion on this vac picking up dog hair, my major nemesis?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #19

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brucebr:
Thanks book2.

Any opinion on this vac picking up dog hair, my major nemesis? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BruceBR,

The central vacuum is a very powerful Dirt Devil and it comes with a powerhead. If any vacuum will pick up the hair, I would say this one will. The only down side is where PI locates the motorized unit, at least on our coach, it's kind of hard to empty the bag. You kind of have to remove stuff from the basemen to get to it. It's located in the utility core, behind the sliding doors.

Bangs, Texas
Highgturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:26 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Utility core is in the basement storage, i.e. outside?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:41 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Inside the outside storage compartment, where the water pump is located--behind a sliding door.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brucebr:
How well does the in-house vacuum work? We have a Corgi dog, and we need to vac up his hair completely. Will that vac do the job? And where do you store the hose? Must be about 20' of hose? Does it take up a lot of room?

The alternative is an upright vac model. But I'm not sure where we can store it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We store the hose and such under the bed. It will clean up the dog hair. The vac head is like a typical power head on a home vac, it has brushes and it rotates. Our motor and canister / filter is an easy reach. It is inside the storage compartment on the ceiling of the compartment. Open the storage bay door, reach in and remove the cover, remove filter bag, install new bag, replace cover and your right back to work. Oh, I have been known to use it to vaccum out the pick up!!