RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
What PSI do you set your regulator?? Trying to fine tune my 09 L35TKE before heading off to NM for the summer. Just another 60+ days and we are gone . The discussion on propane leakage was excellent and That is on my list to check. Thanks for all the sharing of knowledge along with a small dose of BS. B

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:57 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I keep mine at 50#'s. I always place the regulator 1st in line so that the black water flush is also regulated. I'd hate to create unnecessary problems when it could have been prevented. The 50#'s gives plenty of pressure for the shower and still is within limits for the hoses.

Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Adjusted mine to 56#....just a number I came up with...that makes folks ask questions!! I think along as your 60# or below you are OK. I've had mine at that for as long as I've used a Watts which is about 3.5 years. As I mentioned before I painted my setup flat black to resist thief. We've had 2 of these things stolen out of nice parks!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Where did you purchase you're Watts? Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by book2roadtrash:
Where did you purchase you're Watts? Book2
Purchased Watts at the 3 following stores:

Friedman's Home Store in CA
Home Depot
Lowes's
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: http://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 02-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Brewer and Nancy,
Welcome! First time I remember seeing you on the forum.

I also have a worn out Watts and I'm waiting until I get closer to RockheadTommie so he can rebuild it for me. Mine is set at 50 but I may go out now and reset it to 57.

I bought mine here.....
http://www.rvwaterfilterstore....essureRegulators.htm
Old 02-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I also have a worn out Watts and I'm waiting until I get closer to RockheadTommie so he can <span class="ev_code_RED">rebuild it for me</span>. Mine is set at 50 but I may go out now and reset it to 57.
This is a man that can wrestle alligators in the swamp...and can't even install a little diaphram in a water regulator. I bet Miss Jo and do it in her sleep! Just kiddin' Virg...you are a riot!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:23 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The reason I chose 50#'s is to have a safety factor. From the information I've stored in the back of my brain, 60#'s is about the max you want to have in your pipes. Given accuracy of guages measuring the pressure, I chose to give myself a generous safety buffer. I don't run things at the max when I don't have to.

There also is a point where increasing the pressure does not increase water flow. I have not determined that pressure point for the TKE. The pipes can only handle so much water irrespective of pressure. I just make sure filters are changed regularly, faucets are kept clean of calcium deposits and supply hoses aren't kinked. Our showers are then very comfortable.

I bought my setup at Home Depot for about $35 total.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Tim,

The water pipe in my rig is rated at 125 lbs. That's not the problem. ON OURS, it's the brass connections that start to weep at 75lbs. Your later model rig has the new ends and are probably much better and leak resistant. I also use 2 gauges to insure accuracy on the regulalted side. rockin'
Old 02-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Tim, you stated that you place the regulator at the source, how much pressure is lost at the entry port of the trailer? I would imagine that the length of water hose you have has some thing to do with this. A 25 foot hose coiled and needing only 6 feet to me would have a difference of pressure. By the time the water gets to the shower I think there would also be some pressure lost. Book2
Old 02-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
B2,
I know you were asking for Tim, but had to chime in. I use a gauge at the source (outlet side of pressure reg at faucet and then right at the trailer inlet. Don't see any difference. Unless you're thinking of electricity with voltage drop...I can't figure where you coming up with your thoughts. As long as you don't have any points of restrictions, you should be pretty much the same pressure/volume throughout the system with a liquid such as water. Maybe with a very long hose (maybe 300ft or more), there may be some slight difference due to hose expansion.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Thanks, but my main concern is to make sure the city water pressure is not to high. If I feel that I need more pressure in the shower I just simply keep water in the fresh tank and turn on the DC pump with city water and run them together. And then if I want an extended shower Iíll have both sources of heating the water on too. Book2
Old 02-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I will just have to take a look and readjust the settings.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:12 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Removed. No delete any longer?

Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote