Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #29

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnstclr View Post
Somebody's always lookin for a free lunch aren't they Tom?
!
Ole Rockin is always sneakin out when it comes time to pay. That's the reason everyone looking for that free lunch. I out smarted him this past winter and fed him bologna for supper after he fixed us a great meal the evening before. He ate it with pride.

That's ok since he'll be going around bragging about this new Excel while carryin his nose up in the air. What we put up with when he is around.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #30

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
He ate it with pride.
I ate it with good ol' heartburn.......and it wasn't even low fat bolona!!! My body almost went into rejection. Your lucky you didn't lose one of your pups to the grillmaster!!! But I'm such a nice guy!!!

We are here in Q right now for the night. 90 something, windy and dusty. My throat sho is dry.....oh the fond memories of the January days!!!! You can bet I'm not lookin' for no "car wash" this time. I ain't no fool!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #31

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
I ate it with good ol' heartburn.......and it wasn't even low fat bolona!!! My body almost went into rejection. Your lucky you didn't lose one of your pups to the grillmaster!!! But I'm such a nice guy!!!

We are here in Q right now for the night. 90 something, windy and dusty. My throat sho is dry.....oh the fond memories of the January days!!!! You can bet I'm not lookin' for no "car wash" this time. I ain't no fool!!!
As I recall, Washout complimented Still on the delicious ham sandwich, without being prompted. Poor guy has completely destroyed his taste buds with too many OP washdowns.

As to being in Q for a night, he might be kidding us on this one. Even though the place has emptied out until next winter there are probably several locals around there who remember his performance last winter and called the constable when they spotted him.

Having said all that, are you on the way to Portland, Tom? We'll pass through there next week and would love to give you one more chance to redeem yourself. (Fools never learn.)

Jim
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #32

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Bona View Post
As I recall, Washout complimented Still on the delicious ham sandwich, without being prompted. Poor guy has completely destroyed his taste buds with too many OP washdowns.

As to being in Q for a night, he might be kidding us on this one. Even though the place has emptied out until next winter there are probably several locals around there who remember his performance last winter and called the constable when they spotted him.

Having said all that, are you on the way to Portland, Tom? We'll pass through there next week and would love to give you one more chance to redeem yourself. (Fools never learn.)

Jim
Jim......it's really true....we are at the Kofa Mountain park we stayed at last time we were here....the guy came running out.....can't believe anyone in their right mind would come here. He remembered me from a few weeks ago so must have left a "memorible" impression!!! Except we are "stylin'" in our new rig!!! Wonder if Silly Al's has curb service or free delivery? Back to dreaming with my little glass of OP. The Q should be so happy to have our likes here!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #33

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Jim......it's really true....we are at the Kofa Mountain park we stayed at last time we were here....the guy came running out.....can't believe anyone in their right mind would come here. He remembered me from a few weeks ago so must have left a "memorible" impression!!! Except we are "stylin'" in our new rig!!! Wonder if Silly Al's has curb service or free delivery? Back to dreaming with my little glass of OP. The Q should be so happy to have our likes here!!!
Tom, I'm on board with the guy who can't believe anyone would stay there now! No comment on the Right Mind. Silly Al's might be on the "Summer Menu" now - the Snowbird Premium is off all prices until next winter. Go on over and check it out.

So, when do you think you might make it up to Portland? I think Bruce is going to be headed toward Oregon in a few days. Maybe we can find a nice deep wash up there where I can try out my new hauler, NOT. C'mon over and join the fun, Still.

Jim
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #34

Excel Owners Club
Rockin.....did you go with the 10 cu/ft option on the fridge? Also, I see that the 2012 appliances are all black. Last year they were all stainless steel. I like the new back splash in the 2012.

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #35

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Rockin.....did you go with the 10 cu/ft option on the fridge? Also, I see that the 2012 appliances are all black. Last year they were all stainless steel. I like the new back splash in the 2012.

We have always done the 10 cu. ft. refer. We got the black finish on the front of the refer, but wished we would have got the traditional wood front as the black is very shiny and it shows every dust and finger print. Apparently someone wiped it with a dry rag prior to our possession, and it has little scratches which are quite visible when you walk in the door. The wood door is now an option in the $300 catagory. The stainless steel front was discontinued as the appliances are very close together and the differences in the finish from the difference manufacturers were noticeble.

Our backsplash on ours is matching the corian color and is very nice. We love it.

We are on the road daily and the rig is really doing great. We are loving it! rockin'
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #36

Excel Owners Club
Tom.....thanks for the info! Look's like I will have to make a call today to PI and sort a few things out on my new W41GKE.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #37

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
[snipped]
The wood door is now an option in the $300 catagory.
[snipped]
I'd think twice about adding a wood door if you tow much. Gotta puny plastic hinge at the bottom of that door. Mine has broken twice, requiring replacement of the entire door. Norcold "declined" to replace the door the second time. Several technicians have made the same obvious observation, that the wood door adds too much weight for the hinge.

We now travel with only light items on the door, and a bungee strapped across it.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #38

Rockin, the preferred way to take care of the scratches on black appliances is to use a car wax with carnuba wax in it. Being a car guy, I"m sure you know -Try it on a small area first. Soft cloth to remove the wax.
87_Fixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #39

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce and Jenna View Post
I'd think twice about adding a wood door if you tow much. Gotta puny plastic hinge at the bottom of that door. Mine has broken twice, requiring replacement of the entire door. Norcold "declined" to replace the door the second time. Several technicians have made the same obvious observation, that the wood door adds too much weight for the hinge.

We now travel with only light items on the door, and a bungee strapped across it.
Bruce, thanks for the heads up! Mine will have a wood door insert that comes with the Cherry upgrade.

Hey...don't know the history here but, if Rockin is a car guy he will like one of my other toys.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #40

Whoa! Gorgeous!
87_Fixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #41

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Bruce, thanks for the heads up! Mine will have a wood door insert that comes with the Cherry upgrade.

Hey...don't know the history here but, if Rockin is a car guy he will like one of my other toys.

OK RickS, it is time to come clean with us How many more toys do you own
Some of us are starting to get jealous

red
Old 05-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #42

Excel Owners Club
Red,
There are few more.....thats for sure!!