Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #813

Excel Owners Club
We planned to camp in the Winslow at a local COE park, Hickory Creek, and cook and eat Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately, the park was under a burn ban, including charcoal!

We were cooking a 14 lb trash can turkey, which requires 20 lbs of charcoal. Plus, we were to cook the dressing in an outdoor dutch oven with charcoal.

So, we left the camper at the campground and drove home to prepare our food (no burn ban in my backyard ).

We decided just to eat at home as well.

After dinner we drove back to the campground and left the kids at the house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2475.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	533.6 KB
ID:	29612   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2484.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	430.6 KB
ID:	29613  

Name:	IMG_2488.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	29614   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2502.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	516.6 KB
ID:	29616  

Name:	IMG_2507.jpg
Size:	451.9 KB
ID:	29617   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2508.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	394.2 KB
ID:	29618  

Name:	IMG_2514.jpg
Size:	434.5 KB
ID:	29619  

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #814

Excel Owners Club
Interesting Russell. I cooked ours in a Butterball Electric oiless fryer and have the same results. Not much for leftovers or hot turkey sandwiches.

The good thing about this fryer is a burn ban doesn't effect the use of it.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #815

Excel Owners Club
Yummy!! I do miss our bullet smoker and turkey fryer! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #816

Excel Owners Club
We are finally settled in for a long winters nap in the new and improved Didymop at Bentsen Palm Village in Mission TX. So far we are the only Excelers at the park. Our 2-down neighbors were Excel owners but they jumped ship and got a New Horizon over the summer. They've not arrived yet for us to snub them.

And rumor has it that Rockin and his Mrs are headed our way. Guess we'd better start stomping grapes soon to celebrate their arrival.

SGT Beth
Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #817

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by didymop View Post
We are finally settled in for a long winters nap in the new and improved Didymop at Bentsen Palm Village in Mission TX. So far we are the only Excelers at the park. Our 2-down neighbors were Excel owners but they jumped ship and got a New Horizon over the summer. They've not arrived yet for us to snub them.

And rumor has it that Rockin and his Mrs are headed our way. Guess we'd better start stomping grapes soon to celebrate their arrival.

SGT Beth
Sarge,

You are a riot!!! Who let the cat out of the bag and told you I like "grape juice"??? I thought it was a secret. My as well tell you I like food too!!! Now all my bad habits are out there!!

Are Tim (99) and Rosie down there yet? You better be good....he useta be a "major"!!! He out ranks you, ya know!!!

Should be down sometime after the first of the month so dust off the red carpet!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #818

Excel Owners Club
RT.... In the vineyard (in lieu of battlefield) no one outranks a sergeant. C ya in 12.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #819

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by didymop View Post
RT.... In the vineyard (in lieu of battlefield) no one outranks a sergeant. C ya in 12.
Aye-aye mam! Or as the kids now-a-day say.....yeah right, whatever!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #820

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are now in Bentsen Palms RV Park, Mission, TX for the next few months. It's a great park with fun people.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #821

Excel Owners Club
There was an Excel rally today ( lunch sans vino) in Mission TX of 3 owners; Didymop, Endeavor2BnC, and Rockin Tom. Rockin Tom and the Mrs are on a car road trip and came to our park to meet us and check out the new Didymop. OMG what a meeting of great minds. And we realized we're pretty fun folks and played nice together. And the nice part is that Endeavor2BnC and Frau are at our park this winter and we can share more stories and spread more rumors. Safe journey my friend RT. Group pic to be posted on Tuesday.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 AM   #822

Excel Owners Club
Since when did Tom get or have a great mind??? Wondering mind. Yes. Always wondering what will come out of it next. You have a great time with them. We are hoping to get close to you guys in Feb. With the Mexican Seal Team, we never know where they will take us.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #823

Excel Owners Club
We did have a great time with the gang in the RGV. Taking this group is pretty tough in complete sobriety! I'm so used to seeing all thru my Merlot colored wine glasses!

Boy oh Sarge done-did a great job on decorating the Didynew. What fun we had. How 'bout those fine pix Sarge. Where is they? Mr. Lee is way kewl too and lots of fun! (IE...the boy chatters like a magpie)! But my favorite is my buddy Obi!! He was sporting a brand new haircut and shampoo!!!

P.S. Sarge made me "drop and give me 20" before I could even enter her rig....musta thought I was gonna pee on her toilet seat or something...Punishment before the crime!! rockin'
Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #824

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
We did have a great time with the gang in the RGV. Taking this group is pretty tough in complete sobriety! I'm so used to seeing all thru my Merlot colored wine glasses!

Boy oh Sarge done-did a great job on decorating the Didynew. What fun we had. How 'bout those fine pix Sarge. Where is they? Mr. Lee is way kewl too and lots of fun! (IE...the boy chatters like a magpie)! But my favorite is my buddy Obi!! He was sporting a brand new haircut and shampoo!!!

P.S. Sarge made me "drop and give me 20" before I could even enter her rig....musta thought I was gonna pee on her toilet seat or something...Punishment before the crime!! rockin'
Tommy,

Why do you insist on telling such "tall tales" ? You know darn good and well you couldn't do 20 if your life depended on it!

We did have lots of fun for sure. It was good seeing you both again. Have safe travels back to the left coast. Hopefully Ms Donna can continue to keep you on a short leash.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #825

Excel Owners Club
He could handle 20 winks....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #826

Excel Owners Club
You guys are pickin' on me......again. Did you forget I'm quite sensitive? It's no wonder why I partake of wine from time to time!

Tags
excel, heartland, member location