Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #1

Hi,

First time on this site. We're looking for an Excel 30 fter (new or slightly used) and wondered if anyone has experience with dealers in TX and what we should ask, look for.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.
farmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #2

Hi,

First time on this site. We're looking for an Excel 30 fter (new or slightly used) and wondered if anyone has experience with dealers in TX and what we should ask, look for.

Thanks.
farmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Farmer 2

A dealer that has lots of used and new is in Moriarty,NM( RV sales). We bought new there last year and they are one of the best dealers arround. Do a search on this site for them and you will see what I mean. Don't know how close but it's worth the call at least.They are on the web. do a search for RV Sales New Mexico.
Rsteabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by farmer2:
Hi,

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just want to make sure you are aware of the dealer locator at the Excel website. EXCEL
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Just wanted to second the Teabag's recommendation of the fine folks at RV Sales. We didn't originally buy from them...but we did do some accessory business with them and they are a top knotch operation. Not a fancy place but lots of Excel and folks that care. rockintom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have been dealing with RV Sales for 3 years and I would highly recommend them for sales and service. They are really customer oriented and not high pressure sales people. They were a huge help in selecting our trailer for FT'ing. They're the best in my book.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
farmer2-- you might go to www.americantruckandrv.com click on pre-owned, they have a 2007 33 RSO with several upgrades, it has been used VERY LITTLE. Looks like new. I think they have reduced the price recently. This is a good dealership in San Angelo, have bought from them 3 times If you contract them ask for NORRIS. Yes, you will want a 1 ton dually diesel. Norris has several of them also.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:00 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Farmer2 Check you private mesg, I sent you a list of all the Texas Dealers.

Dan
Dan Hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Where in Texas are you...Gulf Coast Area has a great dealer, M&G in Clute Tx 45 miles south of Houston. Sells both new and used Excels.
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #10

I've been dealing with RV Sales in Moriarty, NM for over 3 years now. Not only were we treated well, and got a fair price, but the personal service has been priceless. The wonderful folks at RV Sales go above and beyond what any dealer could ever do. I know this not only from my own personal experience, but also from talking to other Excel owners who deal with RV Sales and feel the same way.
True, it's not a big fancy dealer, but I'd much rather deal with a small town family business any day. All they have to keep them going is their reputation, so you know they care about each and every customer that comes in the door. When we left 3 years ago with our Excel we left feeling like family, and we still feel that way to this day.
Looking for a good deal is important when buying an RV. But I think customer service should top the list. For that reason I would recommend RV Sales to anyone.
Pennypincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We also purchased from M&G in Clute & we were happy with them.
bbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
If you are located in North Texas area, I would suggest you check out Dougs RV Center in Duncan, OK. The phone number is 1-800-687-9097 or 580-252-7946. They have great service and sell new and used Excels. We just bought our new Excel from them and I live in the North Texas area which is very convenient to us. This is our second Excel. Very happy with it.

The Squirrel
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote