Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rockintom:
Wonder if the washer/dryer accessiblity is better now that the new ones have the toliet where your sink is and sink where the toilet was? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe. I haven't seen one in person, but from looking at the floorplan, it looks like there's still little room between the sink and the washer/dryer. But at least one wouldn't have to straddle the toilet to get to them!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #16

Hello another cent & a half worth our 33 TKE has a spot for washer dryer but had it built without W/D we use the space for storage so we have lot or room in the bathroom. Also the way I layed out my storage underneth the downpipe is tucked in behind some cupboards I made in which my electric 50AMP power cord reel is installed
Old 11-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #17

Excel Owners Club
DG,
Go down to where your unit is stored for the winter and gets some dawg gone pix of that 50 amp power reel. You're making my mouth water! You're must like torturing me!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #18

Hello I will try for those pic be4 to long its winter time here so roads are not too good to go to unit to get pic of that reel but the reel is like this it has opening in centre drum for you to put the electrical end that plugs into your trailer next you hit the switch & roll the rest of the cable around drum works great & for only 175.00 american. takes up very little room you can see it in May lol @ the Family reunion lol.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:06 AM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Now for the latest and greatest.... We now offer two NEW bathrooms.

M = Mid Isle. It actually has an angled hallway that has storage in the hall. We've moved the w/d closet to the front of the coach. Yes, it will still accomodate a 2 pc stack w/d. that gives MUCH more room in the bathroom. This is my current new favorite bathroom.

We are also offering a brand new modified "E" bath. We're calling it the "Walk through "E" bath" Option. This gives you 2 doors into the enclosed bathroom. One from the bedroom and the other from the hall. Again, in this model we have the w/d closet in the front, beside the closet. In both of these, if you don't get the w/d, we offer a chest of drawers that fits nicely into the w/d closet. If you like the Splendide all in one w/d, it will sit on top of the chest of drawers.

Both of these bathrooms are especially nice if you option in the french door in the hall. On all new models, we have discontinued the hall window in the "E" bath and are blocking in for the french door.

We're excited about both of these floorplans.

Thanks,
Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:42 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Bryan,

Wow! You guys are thinking "out of the box"! Way kewl! Regarding the new "E" bath and the new doorway into the bedroom, I have seen other manufacturers do this without any door, just the door opening. You mentioned a door, does it open to the outside or inside? And, in your opinion, give much of an "open" feeling when the door is opened? Expand on this one a little bit! You peaked my interest, my marketing master friend! Thanks! rockyhead
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 11-30-2008, 06:15 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ExcelRVGuy:
Now for the latest and greatest.... We now offer two NEW bathrooms.

M = Mid Isle. It actually has an angled hallway that has storage in the hall. We've moved the w/d closet to the front of the coach. Yes, it will still accomodate a 2 pc stack w/d. that gives MUCH more room in the bathroom. This is my current new favorite bathroom.

We are also offering a brand new modified "E" bath. We're calling it the "Walk through "E" bath" Option. This gives you 2 doors into the enclosed bathroom. One from the bedroom and the other from the hall. Again, in this model we have the w/d closet in the front, beside the closet. In both of these, if you don't get the w/d, we offer a chest of drawers that fits nicely into the w/d closet. If you like the Splendide all in one w/d, it will sit on top of the chest of drawers.

Both of these bathrooms are especially nice if you option in the french door in the hall. On all new models, we have discontinued the hall window in the "E" bath and are blocking in for the french door.

We're excited about both of these floorplans.

Thanks,
Bryan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WOO-HOO!!! I never thought this was going to be a thread for SUCH exciting news!!! Any chance of some "sneak preview photos"? I think you might "know someone" who has access!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:02 AM   #22

Excel Owners Club
The "bedroom" door is a pocket door. The hall door is unchanged and hinges so that the door opens into the hall.

We're on our way to Louisville as I type this. Since I pull rank and don't have to drive, I can play on my laptop with my data card.

When we get back to the office, I'll upload some pictures for everyone next week.

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
There is something to be said about "pulling rank"
Have a good time in Louisville - but hurry back to the office!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #24

Excel Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LarryGodby:

the pot leaves something to be desired when you can play offensive lineman.

Of course Larry a “Flush always beats a Full House” Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Now Mama,

What would know about pullin' rank? Oh yeah, your married....
Old 11-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #26

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ExcelRVGuy:
The "bedroom" door is a pocket door. The hall door is unchanged and hinges so that the door opens into the hall.

We're on our way to Louisville as I type this. Since I pull rank and don't have to drive, I can play on my laptop with my data card.

When we get back to the office, I'll upload some pictures for everyone next week.

Bryan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Bryan,

Pocket door makes perfect sense, if folks remember to latch it when they travel!

Kick A.. in Louisville, Have fun and take some orders! We wish you the best of luck! rockin'
Old 11-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #27

Excel Owners Club
Book2,

Another comedian, just what we need! Just kiddin' we love the fun...keep it up! rocky
Old 12-01-2008, 07:34 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
OK, as I was doing laundry this weekend, I paid attention to our setup in the enclosed bath we have.

The problem is that the door to the washer opens the wrong way...it opens toward the sink rather than toward the wall. This means that in order to get clothes in and out of the washer, you have the closet door, the washer door, and the toilet all in the way. If the door to the washer opened in the opposite direction, and if the closet door opened 180 degrees rather than 90 degrees, then getting into the washer would be much, much easier.

I don't know if the washer that came with our rig can be ordered with a door that opens from the other direction, but if so, that would have made access much easier. Hopefully, the new bathroom designs have eliminated this problem.