Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
While driving around Smith Center..........

we ran across this thing of beauty. Upon further investigation during our service center appointment for some minor warranty work, Jim, our technician, told us that this was one of their winter projects. It is Mr. Peterson's trailer. I took a close look at it and the paint job is very good. I hope they don't mind me posting this picture of it, if I did it correctly and you can see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM3188.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	320  
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2009, 08:29 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Beautiful coach -- if I remember correctly, I believe Bryan has shared photos of this unit to the forum. IF my DW gives into my whining, our next Excel will have full body paint and all the goodies that my current unit does not have.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
Beautiful coach -- if I remember correctly, I believe Bryan has shared photos of this unit to the forum. IF my DW gives into my whining, our next Excel will have full body paint and all the goodies that my current unit does not have.

BTW, Chief who's the man of your family? Yah....same thing here!!

I received many photos of all sides of this rig about 4 months ago and asked that I not post as the rig was "not finished" yet. It appears to be finished now. Nice. I'm considering the full body paint on my next coach, as I know the base coat/clear coat will be much more durable to the elements (mainly UV) than the fiberglass top and endcaps, that oxidize in a year or more, no matter how well you take care of them. This one is not my first pick of the scheme I'd go for, but nice!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
We are putting a package together to give you several color options for the full body paint. We only have one paint scheme to offer but by letting you choose from a host of colors, you'll be able to match your tow vehicle.

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Bryan,

Was this rig suppose to be a secret? You know "Pete" has trouble keeping secrets!!

When you get the colors together in a pack, would you share with us on the forum first (after dealers, of course)? Some swatches would be nice! Is the plan to have clear coat on the areas that aren't painted? That would be important to me to have that. Thanks for sharing! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 04-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
Chief,

While you are having work done on Semi Suite you should just get it painted and then tell Marilyn that you found a new trailer that matches your new paint scheme.

BTW, what are you finding out on the tire pressure monitoring. I am leaning toward Pressure Pro but need a report from you. We tow a small trailer carrying our ATV and have to attach a flag mounted horizontally on the rear pointing toward the oncoming traffic to see if it still back there. Going through the mountains and canyons around here makes a pressure monitoring system a must have.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Larry,
Nothing to report as I haven't completed the install -- "Semi-Suite" is still at the fabricator and should be completed this coming week. He had a high-priority job that required the talents of the guy working on my truck. Since we're not heading out until 7 May, I told him to take his time. The deck (bed) has been completed and the generator box is all that's left.
John
Old 04-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
What a beautiful coach! I think for hot weather I’d want lite colors on top and maybe accent the middle or bottom with those dark colors. So in driving around Smith Center one would not need to use their GPS?
Money Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Bags View Post
What a beautiful coach! I think for hot weather I’d want lite colors on top and maybe accent the middle or bottom with those dark colors. So in driving around Smith Center one would not need to use their GPS?
MB,
You are beginning to fit in nicely around here....no GPS required except for RockheadTommie.

I would like to have that fullbody paint also. I'm gonna have to be especially nice to Miss Jo for that option. I really like black, silver and charcoal. Wouldn't that look good on a Wild Cargo with Overkill painted to match?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinSmoke View Post
MB,
You are beginning to fit in nicely around here....no GPS required except for RockheadTommie.

I would like to have that fullbody paint also. I'm gonna have to be especially nice to Miss Jo for that option. I really like black, silver and charcoal. Wouldn't that look good on a Wild Cargo with Overkill painted to match?
Virg, while you're at it order two in those colors -- "Semi-Suite" will not require repainting and I'll even treat you and Miss Jo to breakfast at the "Second Cup Cafe"!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
MB,

Thank you for the compliment! If you do get you’re Wild Cargo will you have the same enthusiasm as you had here?
Money Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
You rats shore pix on ol' rockynuts when you know I'm travelin' and ain't rightly able to defend me self!!!! Oh, whoa is me!!! I'm so picked on!!!!

We made it to Eureka, CA tonight....staying in the Elks here and not bad at all, with 33 sites, FHU 50A and 100+cable and new picnic tables for a $12.00 donation. I gotta feelin' I may spend that much in their nice bar tonight. Now that is a marketing ploy if I ever saw one. They gettcha comin' and goin'!!!!!!

Y'all kwit pickin' on me....don't forget how sensitive I am!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money Bags View Post
Thank you for the compliment! If you do get you’re Wild Cargo will you have the same enthusiasm as you had here?
Well I think I'll be even more excited because I already know what a joy it is to own/live in an Excel! This is the nicest fiver stickered at under $100,000 I have ever seen. [Been fulltiming for about 2 years] What has been wrong was fixed by Jack & Co at the service center in Smith Center, so why wouldn't anyone planning to fulltime have this Company on their shortest list???

We're gonna need the toy hauler to carry my wife's hobbies. Pobre Virgilio, he has two drawers and 1/4th of the closet.......

IF I could just get Bryan to build me a 45 footer so we could have a recliner and a J-couch with a recliner built in

Oh yeah, the reason RockheadTommie drinks so much OakPoop wine is because we pick on him so much. I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Oh yeah, the reason RockheadTommie drinks so much OakPoop wine is because we pick on him so much. I'm ashamed of myself.
Virg,

I think you need to change the to as you are hilarious with that statement. You know we all love Tommy, but to be ashamed, NOT.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote