Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Well it happened. We had a super-nice visit and lunch at Chris and Debra's yesterday. We got to see the "Beast" and Chris' workshop! You wouldn't believe this place. Unbelievable. What fun.

Then Chris came over and visited us in the "Journey" today. We did major inspections on both units. Gave each other ideas on more things to spend our money on!(that we don't have) We have decided that we are very expensive to be around each other.

Chris has promised to post a pic or two soon, so stay tuned.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Well it happened. We had a super-nice visit and lunch at Chris and Debra's yesterday. We got to see the "Beast" and Chris' workshop! You wouldn't believe this place. Unbelievable. What fun.

Then Chris came over and visited us in the "Journey" today. We did major inspections on both units. Gave each other ideas on more things to spend our money on!(that we don't have) We have decided that we are very expensive to be around each other.

Chris has promised to post a pic or two soon, so stay tuned.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #3

Well as you know Rockintom and Donna came for a visit. Boy was I nervous. Not everyday a visit like this happens to us.

Enjoyed lunch together followed by a very nice visit. Don't know if Donna and Tom have ever met a stranger. They made us feel like long lost friends. Well at least until Tom mentioned that it was inspection time. Donna gave him one of those looks and rolled her eyes. Tom had one of those grins.

I had gathered all the inspection items he requested in a prior e-mail and had those available at a table set up near the Excel. The only thing missing was the MD 20 20. Thought if we would be on the roof, didn't want that to be a problem. He said since it was near ˜Happy Hour' and being on ˜Vacation' that the roof was out but the undercarriage was still on the list. I brought over the wine we had at lunch hoping it would make the inspection go easier. He did seem to be grinning a lot. Not sure if it was the wine or he was ˜really enjoying' this moment.

He thought the inspection was going well, after four pages of notes I took the clipboard away. He then requested a ladder, which wasn't on the list he had requested, and I said ˜I don't own a ladder' (think he knew I lied). Before I could say anything else, he had a set of binoculars' and was looking at my sealant and gutter trim. Boy, did he come prepared.

When all was said and done, we had a ˜Grand Time'. It was a lot of fun and we learned from each other. What more could one ask for out of life. Tom was able to answer some questions I had between my unit and the more current models. Better able now to understand some of the differences in model years. Tom has a lot of knowledge to pass along, wish there was more time. Yes, we do have expensive taste and wouldn't do well shopping together.

Sunday was spent with Donna and Tom at their Excel. No clipboard or photos. Donna said we had to behave or no lunch. Had another exciting visit and overstayed I'm sure. You can tell they take great pride in their Excel and enjoy the life they live.

Thanks Donna and Rockin.

Chris

Old 03-31-2008, 12:17 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Tom,

You need to get out from under those rigs and put some color in those legs.

Chris,

I am glad you passed inspection with only minor hits, Tom was probably goin easy on you. Next year will be an inspection and test with written essay questions.

I needed an inspection this year but I guess he figures he would rather be in FL instead of CO this time of year. The lighweight.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:23 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
TREmendous report. Great pics. Thanks for sharing all the fun. Tom, have you changed pants size recently? Those cutoffs are a little drooooooopy.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakinSmoke:
TREmendous report. Great pics. Thanks for sharing all the fun. Tom, have you changed pants size recently? Those cutoffs are a little drooooooopy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope they don't fall. That's why I keep my figure the way it is.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Chris,

Great pics. You sure know how to get top marks.

04 Excel 33RSE
clspds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That's why I keep my figure the way it is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Still, your pants won't fall off, you wear overalls.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
OMG Chris,
Not only are you super talented in the shop, your camera, computer skills, and BS stand real tall! I almost p*** my pants on reading some of these. Love it.! We DID have fun. It was really worth going out of our way to visit you guys too. Great time!

BTW My legs are gorgeous! Chris color touched the photos a bit much to give that "sterile" look!

And my waist....errr aaahh, it's the same size I wore in high school......I just were my pants about 6 inch lower now. I think it's the style!

Happy ol' rockin'
Old 03-31-2008, 06:26 PM   #10

Yes, I did some color correction. I was blushing so much I had to take some of the redness out.

The one photo I wanted to post and the DW won't let me was when Rockin' was inspecting the inside. With the Topic on the leaking 'P-trap' still current, he wanted to check mine out. OMG....he is a plumber. Where are those overall when you need them.

If I had a build like Tom's, I won't work out either. But I sure would consider overalls when I'm a plumbin.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:57 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Workshop:
Yes, I did some color correction. I was blushing so much I had to take some of the redness out.

The one photo I wanted to post and the DW won't let me was when Rockin' was inspecting the inside. With the Topic on the leaking 'P-trap' still current, he wanted to check mine out. OMG....he is a plumber. Where are those overall when you need them.

If I had a build like Tom's, I won't work out either. But I sure would consider overalls when I'm a plumbin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris,

Back home we referred to that as "crack-a-toe-a"
Old 03-31-2008, 06:59 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
See I ai'nt as dumb as I look. I just have a hard time proving it.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:28 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
great post and pictures! makes me feel like i was there!

The one with Tom and the binoculars had me LMAO!

2005 Forrest River Charleston 400TS DP
D and J is offline   Reply With Quote