Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Newmar Kountry Klub (NKK)
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2010 International

newmar kountry klub 2010 international rally
elkhart fairgrounds, goshen, in
early birds august 14-15 2010
rally dates august 16-21 2010
more information call nkk
toll free 877 639 5582

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #2

NKK International Rally

We will be there! Ed
Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Klub members can now register online for this rally. Go to Welcome to Newmar Kountry Klub to read the details and register online.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #4

We got our registration in at 0715 this morning. Of course that's 0415 here in Yuma! It was worth it to get the bones out of bed early to get registered for a 50 amp FHU site.

See you all there.

Dave
Old 04-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #5

Gary, we have registered to be at the rally from Sat to Sat. I didn't see anywhere on the online registration to volunteer. We are available for volunteer work at the rally if we are needed.

Thanks

Dave
Old 04-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We are going also. This is the first big rally we will be going to. It will be our first long drive in the M/H. We will be driving from So Cal. Going to take our time, so we will be doing a lot of siteseeing.

Now a question. I heard that it is a good time to get some things done on the coach. I want to get the BR slide adjusted. I have heard that some Newmar techs come to the rally and do some things like that. Or do I have to get an appointment and take it to the factory? When will they publish a list of vendors? What type of seminars are they going to have?

Thanks
mbisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #7

Mbisson, I'm sure someone who knows a lot more than I will be responding to you soon. Last year was our first International Rally and I believe I asked the very same questions then.

There are factory technicians on hand to do adjustments, warranty work, etc. You sign up at the rally. They adjusted my slide last year. It's an excellent time to get your questions answered by Newmar, Workhorse, Ford, and other vendors. There were also a lot of vendors of aftermarket items at last year's rally and I'm sure that is the norm.

Like I said I'm sure others will give you better answers. I hope you have as great a time at the rally as we did last year and are anticipating this year.

See you there!

Dave
Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Dave,
There are several ways to volunteer:
1. If you belong to a NKK chapter, the chapter may have something it does for the International Rally.

2. Your Region Director will have an assignment for the International Rally. Contact them to volunteer with others in your region.

3. When at the Rally registration desk, ask where the volunteer table is. It will be in the same room as the rally registration table. The volunteer table will have all kinds of volunteer opportunities.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Mike,
There are a couple of ways to take care of service work. If you are not under warranty, there will be a charge for labor (rumor has it that the charge is around $50/hour). The two ways to take care of this are:

1. Call Newmar and make an appointment for just before or just after the rally. Your request will be completed at the Newmar factory service facility. Phil Stilley (800-731-8300) will provide instructions about how to get your coach serviced.

2. The NKK will send you a package, based on your registration. In this package there will be information about having your coach serviced, at the rally. Complete the form(s) and mail them into Newmar. The first morning of the rally get up early and be at the service registration building 30 minutes before it opens. Bring the copy of the service order you completed and mailed to Newmar. Do not worry, you will not be alone waiting for service registration to open. At that time, you register for service and follow the instructions given to you at that time. An important thing to remember is to lock only the bottom lock on your coach door. This will allow Newmar Techs to enter your coach, if you are not there.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Mike,
To answer your other questions:
1. A list of after market vendors may be in the registration package you get at the rally. There is nothing provided in advance.

2. The seminars are hosted by suppliers of components for Newmar coaches. From tires to antennas. There is no list provided in advance. The locations and times for the seminars will be in the package you receive at the rally registration desk.

The reason for no advance lists is that many of these companies do not decide, until the last minute, what their participation will be.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
To all attending the International Rally, if this is your first time attending, be sure to stop at the first timers table. The first timers table will be located in the same room as the registration table. At the first timers table, you spend a few minutes with experienced rally attendees. They will acquaint you with the rally literature and how to use the literature to take advantage of all the rally has to offer.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #12

Gary, we will be at the Region I rally in Jackson, CA on the 28th so I will be able to check in then. Thanks for the info.

See you at the rally.

Dave
Old 04-16-2010, 06:41 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Pam and I will be with the group that will greet the first timers. If this is your first international rally stop by and see us. We look forward to meeting you.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Pam and I will be with the group that will greet the first timers. If this is your first international rally stop by and see us. We look forward to meeting you.
Thanks you, we will.
mbisson is offline   Reply With Quote