Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Newmar Kountry Klub (NKK)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #1

Need tips to apply the NKK windshield decal

We have ruined two of the NKK windshield member number decals trying to apply them.

Tips?
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2017, 10:50 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi RMD3819,
1. Clear windshield thoroughly.
2. Start with one corner/side of the decal.
3. Peel only enough that is necessary to smoothly place decal on the windshield.
4. Smooth as you go. Small squeegee works well.
5. Like towing a car, you can't backup very much. This is why I suggest you peel only enough to smooth onto windshield.

Hope this helps.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #3

I bought an 8" x 11" piece of plexiglass for about $6 at Home Depot and applied the decal to that. Putting the decal on the windshield requires a ladder, which is a no no for us old guys. And the plexiglass is clean. You have to peel the backing off the decal slowly and carefully. Looks great when I put the plexiglass on the dash board on the Driver's side. Just slide it in next to the windshield so it can be seen from the ground in front of the coach.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:32 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Put a drop of Dawn in a small spray bottle, and add some water. Spray the area where you want the decal. Remove the backing paper, and lay it on the wet glass. Mpve it into the position you want it. Use a squeegie to squeeze out the water, but leave it alone. Any remaining dampness will dry out, and the adhesive will once again bond tightly to the glass.

Don't believe it? Find any self-adhesive decal just to try. You'll believe it.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
Put a drop of Dawn in a small spray bottle, and add some water. Spray the area where you want the decal. Remove the backing paper, and lay it on the wet glass. Mpve it into the position you want it. Use a squeegie to squeeze out the water, but leave it alone. Any remaining dampness will dry out, and the adhesive will once again bond tightly to the glass.

Don't believe it? Find any self-adhesive decal just to try. You'll believe it.

Great tip, this how the pros do it.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I won't put a sticker or decal on my coach, so, I bought a nice chrome license plate frame with a clear plastic cover.

I stuck the decal on the plastic cover and put the frame over. Once you remove the paper from the front of the decal, you can see through the plastic piece to line it up perfectly before pressing down. (note: stick one edge first, and then flip over so you can work out any air bubbles as you stick the rest)

You lose a tad of the decal edge, but the number and the other stuff shows. Now when I go to an event, I just take it out of the cabinet and prop it up against the windshield.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:26 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Need a picture please

Would someone kindly post a picture of their NKK number installed on their windshield please? I just can't picture where it goes. Thanks all!
ericllucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericllucas View Post
Would someone kindly post a picture of their NKK number installed on their windshield please? I just can't picture where it goes. Thanks all!
Attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2479.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	239832  
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:14 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
Good luck.....I bet I’ve put 5 or 6 on with two different rigs and new windshields. I have yet to get one on complete and not torn or missing something
Old 03-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Look up a utube for installing decals with soap and water it’s a very simple procedure for professional looking results.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote