Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Newmar Kountry Klub (NKK)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #29
a k

Newmar Owners Club
I finally received my first and only communication with the NKK club.

It's the dues renewal.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Gary, I was wondering why Jim Hagedon is not responsible for keeping the membership list? Not sure what his responsibilities are, but he can't be all that busy since our chapter has never heard anything from him or his position. Also, if he is on the board, he should have access to the information. Your thoughts ????
Old 01-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Hi SherynWard,
The Member At Large (MAL) is elected by the Klub members attending the International Rally. The MAL is a member of the NKK Board of Directors. The job of the MAL is to listen to member input, establish trends and bring before the board issues that would make the Klub better.

Jim can be reached at M-A-L@hagedon.net .
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #32

GaryKD- believe you have pretty well covered it. i have been a life member since about 97 and have seen things steady going down hill which is quite unfortunate
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #33
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
The NKK is financed, for the most part, by Newmar and when the RV business declined in the bad economy Newmar tightened their belt.

Most all parts of Newmar were/are affected including the NKK.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Hi RVhauler,
My comments are not meant to say the Klub is going down hill. My comments are meant to express my view the Klub needs to decide:
1. will the target market remain as it has in the past
2. will the Klub take actions that embrace those now buying Newmar coaches

There is no right or wrong answer. At this time the Klub has, through its actions (or lack of action), decided to continue to serve the same target market it has served in the past. This target market may be declining. For the Klub to grow it will need to change quite a few things (rally activities, Special Event criteria, how the ID, RDs and SDs are placed in their offices, self supporting activities, tangible benefits of belonging) are a few things that come to mind.

We've seen Newmar Corporation change quite a bit in the last couple of years. High end DPs may not be the main focus. While they remain the high profit coaches, the Bay and Canyon Star coaches have the volume. Last I knew, the Canyon Star toy hauler remains a really bit hit.

There are some very baseline difficulties to bringing change to the NKK.
1. Does the NKK agree that change is necessary?
If the answer to #1 is yes, then
2. How will the NKK change if to be appointed to a position of leadership one must gain a resume, within the Klub, that can only be gained by professing loyalty to how the Klub has done things in the past?
If the answer to #1 is no, then
3. The Klub will retain members who are drawn to what the Klub now offers.

Remember, there is no right or wrong answer. Klub leadership, by their actions, will provide the answer. The Klub will then morph into what the future holds for it.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherynWard View Post
Gary, I was wondering why Jim Hagedon is not responsible for keeping the membership list? Not sure what his responsibilities are, but he can't be all that busy since our chapter has never heard anything from him or his position. Also, if he is on the board, he should have access to the information. Your thoughts ????
Hi Sheryn:

Sorry it took me a bit to get a post back on your question. Not sure why I missed it, but, here goes:

Gary pretty well covered my "job" as described in the Klub By-Laws. Simply, it is to gather input from our members and represent their interests to the members of the Klub Board of Directors. I've actually expanded my input-gathering quite a bit since I was elected, with emphasis on the electronic and social media. One of the reasons I've gotten active on IRV2(other than the fact that I think it is really a neat site) is to add another way to get feedback from members.

Concerning our membership list, it is maintained in the Klub office by Linda Feece, the Klub's Office Manager. Increased privacy concerns over the past few years have really limited our ability to disseminate this information and many members have been quite vocal about how we protect this info.

A lot of our members have told me that they really miss the Klub directory we published for many years and I totally agree! Many of us would like to see this info made available on-line, and that is a matter that I will continue to work on.

In terms of communication with our membership, I write a column for each issue of the Konnection magazine, which is available on-line at www.newmarkountryklub.com. My email address, if you want to contact me privately is m-a-l@hagedon.net. and my telephone number is 520-603-1190. And we travel around 15,000 miles a year and last year attended over a dozen Klub rallies.
Jim Hagedon F12632L/FMCA#297113/AE8R
jhagedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by a k View Post
Not a big deal. There just dosen't seem much going on in the Midwest.
Boy I am really late in responding to some of these posts! (on the other hand, maybe that's a good thing ) Since I made it a point to get more involved on IRV2 last fall, I thought I was reading most of the NKK posts, but I've obviously missed a bunch of comments that I want to weigh in on. Thankfully, GaryKD has handled most of these in fine style!

But I have to add , in regards to not much going on in the Midwest, I'm not sure where you are looking, but the Klub Calendar on www.newmarkountryklub.com lists a lot of region, state and local activities in the year ahead.

I know, because I maintain the Klub on-line calendar, and I'm adding events a couple of times a week. These activities are also in the back of the Konnection magazine, both the on-line and print version, but the information that is on the web is the most up-to-date.

As others have said, the real benefit of belonging to the Klub is developing friendships with other members, and, IMHO, the rallies and special events are by far the best way to do this. Hope you get a chance to attend a couple. Maybe we'll run in to you somewhere along the way!
Old 02-18-2011, 05:51 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Hey!!...Jim & Sue:

Just a quick note:

We got the heck outta the Arizona C O L D!!...and gotta tell ya, it's MUCH nicer (warmer) over here in Florida!! Don't even have to wear those great Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta jackets ya included at your Newmar Balloon Fiesta rally. You guys sure did a GREAT JOB organizing that get together!! Lookin forward to others.

Steve & Lynette
Old 02-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Hey!!...Jim & Sue:

Just a quick note:

We got the heck outta the Arizona C O L D!!...and gotta tell ya, it's MUCH nicer (warmer) over here in Florida!! Don't even have to wear those great Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta jackets ya included at your Newmar Balloon Fiesta rally. You guys sure did a GREAT JOB organizing that get together!! Lookin forward to others.

Steve & Lynette
I may get nailed for being off-topic, but I have to agree with you on the temps in Tucson this year. We had two 15 degree nights in a row and we are keeping our fingers crossed on our Citrus trees. Pretty darn nice here, now tho . . .