Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #1

'06 Tuscany Questions

We are looking at the above coach. It is the 40 footer with 4 slides,
Cat 350HP with Allison tranny. The unit has under 20K miles on it. The questions I have regard the roof material and the fact it has the 4 door Norcold refer/freezer. Is the Tuscany a well made coach or a pig with lipstick???? How is the quality of the Tuscany?? Any suggestions other than a pre-purchase inspection?
Going to look at it Weds this week.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Sincerely,
Alex
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a 2006 Tuscany 4076 which we bought this year with about 27k miles on it. The items we had on it go bad or were bad to start.

The Norcold 1200 didn't cool right. We had to have the recall done on it and the chimney on it was stopped up. After that it works ok in high 90 to 100 degrees outside. Probably will put the Amish unit in it next.
Had an air valve on the front go bad so we had to limp into OK city and get repaired. Part of that was my fault and inexperience. Had I known how they we're supposed to ride and a little more about the air system I could have saved us the breakdown and had some one look at it prior to that. I will say that it rides great now.
Last was the pump on the levellers went out. We we're stuck up on the jacks for a day. Had it replaced when we got back home.
All that happened within the first two months of us owning it. Since then it has been great. It's very comfortable,easy to use and we have really enjoyed it. I figure we just got the kinks out of it right up front. In our case, the extended service plan was worth it.
I have no clue on the roof so can't answer you on that one. How this helps you some.

Tk
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #3

Thank you Tk. Glad you are satisfied with your unit. The one I am looking at has about 19K miles. I was aware of the refer recall and that is a must have item taken care of.
Have a happy new year!!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We purchased a 2006 Tuscany 2 yrs ago that had 10,000 miles on it. No real problems with it. Cat 350HP, Allison trans. Goodyear 670's I replaced even though they looked like new. We bought it because the wife liked the floor plan. We're going to replace the Norcold (make that NOT COLD0 refer with a residential unit from Samsung. we've had no issues with the unit.
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
you really need to search the damon area
there is waaaay to much to retype
we have had our 2008 tuscany since april of 2009
it was new with about 1200 miles on it from the delivery and dealer moving it around to their lots for almost a year.
roof materials is a non issue, mine is perfect
normal stuff like batteries from sitting
fridge under warranty, could have happened in any brand coach
overall we are VERY pleased
had one cummins recall done to reflash the ecm
and zero mechanical problems so far

for us the value for what I paid was very much in my favor
i used to compare my units to tiffin for a sanity check...
and this tuscany was just as good and better in many points that are important for us (dedicated workstation/desk, sleeps two and one grand daughter)
tons of storage above and below the floor line,
most of stuff that breaks is not damon's but outside vendors so their products are easily found elsewhere

search my posts for lots of stuff about the tuscany
for an 06 with 20k miles,
imo anything over $125k is to high, with 100 being ideal
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #6

Dealer has it priced at $95500. I checked and that is NADA low retail without any options.
Unfortunately, we couldn't reach an agreement on trade in for my Alpine.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingtrike View Post
Dealer has it priced at $95500. I checked and that is NADA low retail without any options.
Unfortunately, we couldn't reach an agreement on trade in for my Alpine.
sounds like they were anxious to move it at 95k

gems are out there
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote