RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
1996 Damon Ultra Sport Owners Manual

Hi

New to RVing. I just purchased a 1996 Damon Ultra Sport and of course they do not have the owners manual. It is about 97 pages long and I tried to go thru Thor but they sent me a short 26 general brochure but nothing with details.

If anyone has one or a link I can download I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

Sherry

sharlanfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Most owner's manuals are short on details, long on lawyer CYA stuff like, "wear seat belts" and "check before backing." They also cost to create and have edited, so they are usually very generic. They cover many models and equipment options, and don't get specific about locations of key items like fuse panels, drain valves, etc. because of changes made on the fly during assembly.

If you want to read manuals, you can read some of these:

Winnebago

Thor

Time could be best spent going through your RV, top to bottom, exploring every space. Note make and model of every installed item you find. Also list any fuses and other things you might need to access on a dark and stormy night.

Once you've made the list, Google search make and model # followed by the word, 'manual' and you'll find PDF files on most every component of your RV. You can download or bookmark each one and read at your leisure and refer to for future troubleshooting or parts.

Of course this forum is also a great resource, don't hesitate to ask questions here.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Damon's Owner's Manual was a collection of the systems manuals (aircon, jacks, stove, etc.) with a welcome letter and a mail-in contact registration card...that's about it. At least, that's all we got.

Because of this, it is pretty easy to replace the manual with downloads from the system vendors because Damon used widely available vendors for these systems.

Congrats on the new-to-you RV and safe travels.
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Sherry and Welcome to the Forum!

Don't worry too much about an "Owner's Manual" for the coach. They usually contain very generic information, as already stated. Start finding the identification tags for all the appliances and systems, Furnace, fridge, water heater, etc. You should be able to find those service manuals online. This web site should get you started.

Service Documents and Manuals

Depending on what chassis you have under that coach you can probably find an Owner's or Service chassis manual online too.

Best of Luck!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlanfl View Post
Hi

New to RVing. I just purchased a 1996 Damon Ultra Sport and of course they do not have the owners manual. It is about 97 pages long and I tried to go thru Thor but they sent me a short 26 general brochure but nothing with details.

If anyone has one or a link I can download I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

Sherry
Hi Sherry,

I have the 1996 manual for Damon, it covers information for 4 models. Intruder, Challenger, Daybreak, Ultrasport. It has wiring diagrams for the Load center, Charging circuits. Information on the chevy, ford, and Oshkosh chassis. Dash layout for all three and what switches do what. Plus additional information.

PM me along with your e-mail addy and I can scan the information that pertains to your chassis and model.

Dan,
Old 08-12-2016, 05:48 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning Dan,

I am about to acquire a 1996 Damon Challenger 5th wheel. I don't suppose the manual you have covers that, as well, does it? If so, I would be interested in a copy. If not, anyone else have something applicable?

Thank you,

Larry
Rockranch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:55 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockranch1 View Post
Good morning Dan,

I am about to acquire a 1996 Damon Challenger 5th wheel. I don't suppose the manual you have covers that, as well, does it? If so, I would be interested in a copy. If not, anyone else have something applicable?

Thank you,

Larry
Sorry Larry, it only covers the MH. Most of what you will find in the 5er will be standard and can be found with each individual manufacture of the equipment as others have said.

Dan,
Old 08-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks for the response, Dan. I suppose I was looking more for info on the Damon specific systems, i.e., the hydraulic slide system. Again, thanks for the response.
Rockranch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:36 PM   #9

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockranch1 View Post
Thanks for the response, Dan. I suppose I was looking more for info on the Damon specific systems, i.e., the hydraulic slide system. Again, thanks for the response.
I bet Damon didn't make the slide system, they bought it. Look for info on the actual slide cylinders and pump. HWH makes leveling jacks and slides. You might check your leveling jack brand, maybe they did the slide also.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Everything on the Damon Daybreak that I have is all vender purchased equipment. Some of the venders are no longer in business. The only thing I can not find is replacements for the relays in the BCC box. Hopefully I will never need to replace them

Tags
manual, damon