RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #1

2000 Damon Ultra Sport

We purchased our 2000 Ultra Sport 3670 in September 2019, so far I love the motor home, like the design and all, however I have had two issues that I'm having trouble getting resolved.

1. At times I loose my dash lights, the headlights and etc. still work just no dash lights and I loose my speed,fuel, air and etc gauges as well. Now when that happens the motor home will not cut off forcing me to disconnect the batteries. The weird thing is it will come back on and stay sometimes , and other times comes and goes. As long as the dash lights are working it will cut off normally.

2.My wipers have a mind of their own, Not sure but I think they are afraid of the rain, they will work sometime and not others they seem to work when clear and sunny, but when I need them they don't work.

Anyone with an issue like this? and if so what was the problem.

rmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #2

Look for loose (bad) connections on the common circuits. It can be either on the ground side of the circuit or on the 12v side. Most likely on the grounded side where a bunch of wires are connected to a ground stud on the chassis. there will be several of them spread out over the motor home but dtsrt looking under the dash and in the electrical compartment below the driver seat.

Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:46 PM   #3

Hummmm

I have not experienced either of those problems with my 2001 UltraSport but I wanted to welcome you this forum. My wife and I bought our Ultrasport a little over a year ago and have been very happy with it. Perhaps we can be of help to each other as we continue to explore our machines. Feel free to ask any questions or to converse. I live in North Mississippi near Memphis. ....Ron
Homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #4

I'd like to look at a 2000 Damon Daybreak 3130 for 9900. Hubby said he heard they had a lot of problems. Was wondering what people that have them have to say honestly about them. I know some people wouldn't admit they hate their unit. But need ammo for hubby LOL I'd like something to travel in we live full time in a 5er and a pain to pull often.
Justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damon