Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #1

2000 Intruder fresh tank help

I found a thread in the "Class A" section that discussed this, but I thought I would get in the Damon thread and see if I could narrow it down more.

Problem is. I drove to a park that had full hook-ups so I drained my fresh tank so I wouldn't have to haul the water. Prepping for departure I opened my fresh water bay and noticed that the fresh tank was 3/4" full. Is there something specific to Damon that I didn't do when connecting to "City Water" that allowed a back fill? had I been there a day longer it would have been ugly overfilling that tank and flooding the bedroom. (Don't ask how I know that, as I learned not to walk away when filling fresh)

Any insight is appreciated. I'm sure had I been paying attention to the lever lights in head I may have noticed this.

1st MH, and I'm just figuring everything out. I have a long list of things and keep up on. After all it is 14 years old, it has 60K on it but seems to have been maintained. It's not that hard if you keep up on it.

One other question while I'm here. I've read that some RV companies will send one of the sinks to black instead of gray. Does anyone know if Damon did that ? My black tank seems to fill a bit faster that it should. It could also be faulty level sensors. I surely don't want that one spilling over.
Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffk48867 View Post
Is there something specific to Damon that I didn't do when connecting to "City Water" that allowed a back fill? had I been there a day longer it would have been ugly overfilling that tank and flooding the bedroom. (Don't ask how I know that, as I learned not to walk away when filling fresh)

One other question while I'm here. I've read that some RV companies will send one of the sinks to black instead of gray. Does anyone know if Damon did that ?.
Jeffk48867
I don't have an answer to your questions but I do have a question, (and a comment), about "flooding the bedroom":
How is possible that "overfilling the freshwater tank" can flood anywhere in the living area of your Damon?
On most, (all?), RVs the fresh water overflow runs to the outside of the rig, (either out the side or somewhere under the rig).
I believe you have more than one "fresh water fill problem" that needs fixing!

BTW, I owned my coach for 10+ years before I discovered that my bathroom sink drains into the black tank...(I used some red food coloring down the sink drain).

Hopefully a Damon owner can/will help you.
Good luck.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 2005 intruder there are two ways water can fill the fresh tank even though I have not commanded it to do that.

First You have a water pump, this pump contains one or two check valves, if those valves fail slightly open... Water can back flow via the pump and fill the tank.. To test.. ON MY RV, there are two valves inside the fresh tank compartment, Both are quarter turn, if you close the one nearest the tank, open the other, let it drain, then put a bucket under he drain, and hook up to city water.... the bucket will fill if the pump is allowing reverse flow.

If you do not have that kind of vavle set up (Two valves on teh tank outlet with a "T" Fitting between them) then you can take a towel, open the pump inlet strainer, mop up any water, lay another towel and hook up to city water for like an hour and if the towel is soaking wet... Problem found.

The other possible path:

IN the connections bay there is a "Quick Fill quarter turn 3-way valve. Sometimes the seals in these leak.. also if you do not quite get it fully set,, it will leak. Testing this one is a bit harder but you can easily see the hose connected to it, likely disconnect one end of the hose and replace or re-route or extend (Depending on which end) and fill the bucket that way.

IN ALL cases you drain the fresh tank first.

Tags
tank