Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good day All!

The fog lights on my Challenger corroded and scarred/marred the interior of the lens when the bulb blew.

I tried to source a replacement housing/lens assembly but the housing is purpose built for Damon and the manufacturer would not sell it to me. Damon wanted US$90 for a pair of them and would send only to my dealer who said that the shipping charges from Damon were exorbitant because they shipped via only UPS which meant there would be a minimum of $45 brokerage fees. Has anyone found an alternative source for these things?

I have the original wiper blades on my rig which is now 5 1/2 years old. I can not find replacement blades and am reluctant to work through Damon and dealer (see above). If anyone has found an alternate source for these blades please let me know what the manufacturer name and model number is.

Thanks

All of the best and safe driving,
prsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good day All!

The fog lights on my Challenger corroded and scarred/marred the interior of the lens when the bulb blew.

I tried to source a replacement housing/lens assembly but the housing is purpose built for Damon and the manufacturer would not sell it to me. Damon wanted US$90 for a pair of them and would send only to my dealer who said that the shipping charges from Damon were exorbitant because they shipped via only UPS which meant there would be a minimum of $45 brokerage fees. Has anyone found an alternative source for these things?

I have the original wiper blades on my rig which is now 5 1/2 years old. I can not find replacement blades and am reluctant to work through Damon and dealer (see above). If anyone has found an alternate source for these blades please let me know what the manufacturer name and model number is.

Thanks

Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #3

Preston, I replaced mine last year. I do business with a local NAPA store and I just brought one of my old ones in and they matched it up. They were very expensive, even with my discount but they had them.
As for the fog lights, these are the ones under the bumper, right? Mine are disintegrating too. While you're at the NAPA store getting the blades, bring one of the fog lights with you. They have a NAPA Lighting catalog that you could probably browse. I'll be you could find a pair in there. I'll be doing that sometime soon.

Oh, I wrote to Damon regarding the wiring..I'll let you know what they say.

Wife, Dee
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:18 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Chandler!

Thanks for contacting Damon. Hope their reply is positive

Our local NAPA and CarQuest stores have not been able to help me with blades. Neither have WalMart and all of my usual bits and piece stores that might carry 26 Inch blades (including Truck stops and suppliers). The Newmar dealer says he has one that costs C$65 (also told me of an end month sale that will give me 25% off)

My Damon dealer is now dancing with Damon - they have a new parts guy and I have been walking him through the Damon two step. I hope that Damon will give him the manufacturer and model numbers for the blades and arms

Time will tell

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chandler:
Preston, I replaced mine last year. I do business with a local NAPA store and I just brought one of my old ones in and they matched it up. They were very expensive, even with my discount but they had them.
As for the fog lights, these are the ones under the bumper, right? Mine are disintegrating too. While you're at the NAPA store getting the blades, bring one of the fog lights with you. They have a NAPA Lighting catalog that you could probably browse. I'll be you could find a pair in there. I'll be doing that sometime soon.

Oh, I wrote to Damon regarding the wiring..I'll let you know what they say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 04-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #5

Hi! I looked very carefully at the blades I got from NAPA hoping I could get a number. No luck. I'll ask my store to pull up my account and see if the blades are listed. It's a long shot but I'll try tomorrow.

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Old 04-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Chandler!

Any luck! The Newmar dealer tells me that his Trico guide says that a Trico 67-261 would fit. The one he had was sealed in plastic which distorted the width of the mounting area so I can not be sure that it will. It did have a 3/16" mounting hole.

Preston

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chandler:
Hi! I looked very carefully at the blades I got from NAPA hoping I could get a number. No luck. I'll ask my store to pull up my account and see if the blades are listed. It's a long shot but I'll try tomorrow.

Chandler </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 04-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #7

Hi again! I'm off tomorrow and Thursday and will see if I can get those numbers for you..Sorry..

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Old 04-11-2007, 04:56 AM   #8

Hey Preston! I called my store and they looked up my blades. They are NAPA# 60-2680.

They told me that they now have a heavy duty truck catalog that actually lists motorhomes including ours..Amazing. They never listed motorhomes before. I think they wiper blades fit Isuzu, Iveca, UD, and a few other Japanese trucks.
Oh, they are $25 and change each.

Wife, Dee
Old 04-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Chandler!

Thanks for that info.

Since my dealer had no luck, I sent an email to Damon and this what they sent me

This is a Alta Resource Wiper. You can have any Damon dealer order the
blades through Damon. It is a 26" blade. The Damon part # is 801962 and
the Alta part # is AW-B26 or AW-B26TR

Alta Resource Phone # (574) 522-7973
Unquote

I asked them about the arm and they said

Damon part# 805010
Alta Part # AW-A28SD

This is for the arm.
Unquote

There are few details on the Alta site (http://www.dicor.com/alta.html) but they do indicate that the components are sourced from Trico

This is from the Trico site

Wiper replacement for 2002 Damon Challenger

Type/Part number
Black Blade/68-261
Refill for Trico Blade/75-260
Refill for Anco Blade/70-260
Refill for Original Equipment Blade/75-260
Wiper Arm/74-209
Unquote

Can you confirm with Napa that their number cross references to the Blade number (68-261. I have sent a message to Alta asking them to confirm the Trico numbers.

We will eventually get this sorted out

Preston

Hey Preston! I called my store and they looked up my blades. They are NAPA# 60-2680.

They told me that they now have a heavy duty truck catalog that actually lists motorhomes including ours..Amazing. They never listed motorhomes before. I think they wiper blades fit Isuzu, Iveca, UD, and a few other Japanese trucks.
Oh, they are $25 and change each. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 04-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #10

Hi! I will call them tomorrow and see what crosses. I'll let you know. I'm happy that Damon actually responded to your emails. Way to go!

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 AM   #11

Preston,
I called my guy at NAPA and he confirmed that the cross from NAPA to Trico is correct at 68-261.
All the other numbers were for refills, not the whole blade. He also had a cross for Car-Quest, in case you have a store near you. That number is 658-261.

Hope this helps!

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Old 04-22-2007, 06:30 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Chandler!

I finally was able to buy new refills for the wipers. So here is the story in a nutshell

On the 2002 Damon Challenger 325 (I assume Damons of the same model or year should be the same)

Damon buys their wiper assemblies from Alta Resources who uses Trico parts

Damon Numbers
Arm 805010
Blade (26") 801962

Alta Numbers
Arm AW-A28SD
Blade AW-B26 or AW-B26TR

Trico Numbers
Black Blade/68-261
Refill for Trico Blade/75-260
Refill for Anco Blade/70-260
Refill for Original Equipment Blade/75-260
Wiper Arm/74-209

NAPA Numbers
Blade 68-261
Refill 75-260

Carquest Numbers
Blade 658-261

This should put the blade issue to bed (at least for our model). If other models and years have different parts I hope the owners will share their findings with us.

Now I just have to get the fog lights sorted out

Old 04-22-2007, 07:45 AM   #13

Thanks Preston! One of these days I'll browse the NAPA Lighting catalog and see if I can find one that works for us. Mine are failing as well and it would be great to come up with a replacement. I'm heading out to finish my spring PM of the RV. I've got two days into it and hopefully should be done by tonight. I finished the roof and sides yesterday..it looks so good now! Today I pull the wheels, check the brakes, grease it, and check the tire pressures. So far, so good.
Talk to you soon!

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Old 04-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #14

Great info Preston. The 2002 looks exactly like my 2004 so I would assume the blades are the same but I will check it and confirm. I'm just about due.

Sam