RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2019, 01:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown57 View Post
Looks like the coach batteries are dead. What is the best way to pull the batteries from under the stairs. They do not fit through the opening. Do you just add a long strap and lower them from above. That seems to be the best way I can see.
yep

Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Yes, or you can have one person on the bottom while the other person lowers the battery down. I personally just crawled under and removed and installed them myself. Not really all that hard. I'm 67 and did not find it all that difficult. I bought the golf cart batteries from Sams Club. I believe they are the GC2 group series. I don't boondock a lot, so I felt these would fit my needs. I have had them about a year now, and no problems so far. If one is going to boondock a lot, I would still think they would work good with solar panels. But, that just my opinion. At only $89.00 a piece, I'm happy. Most people seem to like the Trojun Batteries, but there is a much higher price. I'm sure it all boils down to the amount of amp hours and the amount of draw you think you may need. Good Luck.

hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:06 PM   #17

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye1995 View Post
Yes, or you can have one person on the bottom while the other person lowers the battery down. I personally just crawled under and removed and installed them myself. Not really all that hard. I'm 67 and did not find it all that difficult. I bought the golf cart batteries from Sams Club. I believe they are the GC2 group series. I don't boondock a lot, so I felt these would fit my needs. I have had them about a year now, and no problems so far. If one is going to boondock a lot, I would still think they would work good with solar panels. But, that just my opinion. At only $89.00 a piece, I'm happy. Most people seem to like the Trojun Batteries, but there is a much higher price. I'm sure it all boils down to the amount of amp hours and the amount of draw you think you may need. Good Luck.
Update. Finally got batteries installed and had to replace a 5amp fuse on the BCC and now all is working. Only thing to check out is the water heater and furnace once I fill the propane tank. Thanks again Hawkeye for all your help.

Sent from my VS995 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 04-06-2019, 11:58 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Dbrown57 - Your very welcome. Glad I could help a little. Most of all, thanks for posting your fixes, this is what helps others when looking for information.
hawkeye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:53 AM   #19

I love it when a plan comes together
iamblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #20

Getting them out from under the MH is the only way I can do it. A major PITA

gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damon, generator