RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #1

2006 Damon Daybreak

Does anyone know if the Daybreak has any outside electrical outlets?

Also all of my GFI plugs aren"t working. Anybody know about those suckers?

fotoman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Daybreak and Outlaw are very similar forward from the rear wall of the main room...so, I submit that you should surely have at least 2 outside 120VAC outlets. 1 on the ceiling of the bin just behind the entry door and 1 inside the exterior radio panel. Yours might have more and they would be on the ceilings of any bins...like maybe in the bin with the shore power cord(?).

All of these outside outlets should be on the GFCI protected circuit of you RV's power system...because you might be standing in a puddle when using the outlet.

The GFCI circuit is a line of outlets that are on a dedicated breaker with the GFCI control outlet often located in the bath and/or kitchen area...if any problem happens in that entire circuit string, the GFCI control will pop the button on the control outlet. This will kill the entire string of protected outlets. This should pop well before the breaker pops.

These GFCI control outlets can break or wear out. If you are getting no power after trying to reset the outlet and where the breaker is in the on position, then your first fix attempt could be to replace the entire GFCI outlet.

If you are not comfortable working on 120volt systems...call an electrician. It is not complicated, but can be very dangerous.

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #3

GFCI Woes

Thanks for all that info. Do you happen to know where the breakers are on this coach? I have looked and haven't been able to find any. (Very new to Motorhoming)

Thanks again.
fotoman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On my Challenger, the distribution box and breakers are located on the base of the bed close to where the Shore power cable attaches. My bed is mounted on the left side. If not there, look in a closet in the general area. Good luck! JM2...
teddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoman7 View Post
Thanks for all that info. Do you happen to know where the breakers are on this coach? I have looked and haven't been able to find any. (Very new to Motorhoming)

Thanks again.
Look for a dark brown or black plastic panel about the size of a boot box lid.

Damon put these breaker panels in the cabinets of the bedroom near the floor and sometimes inside a wardrobe. To open the lid, push on the bottom of the door to release the latch.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On my '05 Daybreak, the breaker panel is at the end of the hall on the bed platform.
I only have one true "outside" plug on the passenger side with a hinged weatherproof cover. I also have one on the driver side in the shore cord compartment. I added a couple more in other compartments.
The only time I thought I had a GFI problem was when I needed to push the "Reset Button" and that fixed it.
Rocky Mountain High, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:16 PM   #7

My 06 Daybreak has the two outlets as stated above. The reset is in the bathroom plug-in
Rockysvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #8

my daybreak has breakers under shelf in hall. outside plugs are on passenger side. one is in compartment under the outside one. hope this helps.
turtle2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #9

I have a 96 daybreak, it has one 2 outlet on passenger side towards the rear and a coaxial connector in the same location on the drivers side. Don't know where the coach fuse box is. I have a bunch of fuses under the front dashboard, but I think/hope they are only for the chassis since they are very difficult to reach and read. I have 2 AC outlets under my upper side cabinet that do not work and need to find the coach fuses/breakers. Thanks for a starting point to look, never thought of looking in the bedroom.

Don and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damon