RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #1

2006 daybreak--length??

In the process of buying a 2006 32' Daybreak by Damon. It has one slide out on the drivers side. Talked to two insurance co's and both said that they have no listing for a 32' with one slide out. One agent (Progressive) told me that maybe they get the 32' by measuring the vehicle at the top because they slope in at the front end and back end or on the inside. Vin number means nothing except to identify a vehicle, before it is changed by the RV manufactor. Found several on the net listed as a 32' with slide out. RV dealer I am getting the vehicle from, lists it as a 32'. The insurance co's say only the 34'6" Daybreak is listed as having one slide out. Unit is located a ways from home. Going to Dealer to measure it my self. Don't trust him and his rubber rule. He might be related to the Progressive person. Besides after we went round and round about no spare. Ford data sheet list the chassis with 19.5 wheels, comes with a steel wheel spare. Not sure if makes a difference but unit has two couches.

Rockysvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go to the source...Thor has collected archive literture here: Document Archive | Thor Motor Coach #1 Brand of Motorhomes | Diesel Pushers,Class A,Class B,& Class C RV s.

The 2006 Damon Daybreak came in 4 floor plans (3060, 3270, 3272 and 3274), ranging from 31'6" to 35'3" LOA.

The single slide was the 3270 at 34'7"

The manual is there too.

Damon's were good RV's and Thor has not killed that with the acquisition.
Best of luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. Answers my question for sure. I agree about the Damon brand. We have a 31' '94 Frontier Flyer by Damon still parked in the yard. Dealer only will give $5500 on a trade in. (so far) That 454 31' would climb a telephone if I let him (maybe with a little help from the Jeep). BUT wife wants newer model. Only searched for Damon models when looking for new one. I'm a chevy guy period. Love the 454. The last two MH's had the 454 & 71 vet has one. Even my 85 CJ 7 Jeep has a 350 chev in it. Plus the wifes Monty Carlo. But times are a changing and have heard good things about the Ford V10. This one has the V10 with three vales per cylinder-per Vin number. In the first test drive of the Daybreak, the engine seemed pretty loud when in passing gear (not the engine fan). Also had a slight whime noise when on level road. Noise went away with "slight" let up on the gas pedal & returned with slight pressure. Dealer is looking into it. He called yesterday and said rearend not set up right at factory?????? Unit has 40,000 miles. Will try and be there when their mechanic opens rearend. If gears worn out, don't want them to just adjust the gear lash & send me down the road. Thanks again for the info.
Dennis
Old 04-28-2013, 05:01 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Also Damon Daybreak 3211 has one slide and is 32 feet 11 inches. Model number probably on sticker outside by door and near handle
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #5

Im a Dodge guy, but like that V10. Miles more power than the 8.1...I gotta admit. And power is something you can't get enough of. My friend has a Daybreak 32ft w/slide...loves it!
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #6

Update on the Daybreak. The dealer has to replace the ring gear & pinion, and bearings. Didn't cry to much about the $2000.00 cost (his estimate). So it is still with him. I did measure it and it is 34 feet and a few inches. It is a 3270F model. Think the F might be for the Ford engine. Sure hope you are right about the power thing. We just made a trip to centeral Montana-2100 miles and got 7.2999 miles per gallon with the old 31 foot Frontier Flyer. With a 454 chevy and pulling a CJ-7 Jeep. No problem with Mt. hills.
I also consider myself a car guy but wife calls me a car nut. She may have a point--'60 Ford T-Bird, '62 Ford T-Bird convert, '71 Vet 454 :-) & motor home pushing Jeep. Her car dosen't count tho. After 25 years of marriage we are probably starting to look alike.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #7

Our 2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 is 36ft 8 in. It has 2 slides and we actually measured the outside.
turtle2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #8

Water tank drain??

Got the Daybreak 3270 home Monday. Noticed the water tank drain line is hooked up to the bottom side of the tank. Which is normal. But then the drain goes along the side of the tank and then turns up to the height of the tank top and then turns 180 degrees and goes down to the drain shut off valve below the tank bottom. Looks like someone may have been to lazy to cut off the extra line and run it along the bottom edge of the tank to the shut off valve. With the drain line going as high as the top of the tank, the tank would drain under suction only. Instead of gravity. Is there something that I am missing here??? Getting ready to cut hose and relocate it.