Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #1

2007 Damon Tuscany Electrical

I am looking for detailed wiring info for this motor home. Spoke with Thor (Damon) yesterday and was told that wiring diagrams for this year were lost when Thor purchased Damon. I have the user manual but the wiring shown in there is not correct or is incomplete. The manual shows a 24 fuse 12V house panel but mine has 18 fuses. I tried to look at the 2006 Damon Tuscany manual online to see if it might have this 18 fuse panel but the document they have is unreadable. Does anyone have more detailed wiring info for the 2007 model? Does anyone have a readable 2006 Damon Tuscany manual?

The problem I am having is the furnace is blowing the 12V-15Amp fuse after it runs for a while. This has not been a problem until the last couple of days. So far I have discovered that this fuse not only powers the furnace (9.8Amps) but also the refrigerator control board (2.7Amps) and the water heater (Unk Amps). In any case this appears to be a lot of load for this one 15Amp fuse.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Call Thor back, someone gave you bad info. Thor bought Damon in 2003.
Try to get to the service folks. I had no trouble getting some schematics on my 2008.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
But, I think you need a service tech as I don't see how it
could be build/design defect considering the time. IMHO
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
you really need to call again
my source there is no longer with thor
actually damon formally switched over to thor in 2008
thats why they dumped the damon coaches left over on the market so cheap

but they have the diagrams i have many for our coach from them

may I ask what your looking for , i may have it
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thor acquired Damon in 2003 and only created the Thor Motor Coach (TMC) brand in 2008-2009 with the merger of FourWinds models.

Thor isn't just motorhomes...
Home - Thor Industries, Inc.
It's commercial vehicles, towable RV's under more than 21 Brands (from AirStream to Warrior) plus the motorhomes in all Classes shy of Truck Conversions.

As far as wiring diagrams...it might take an insider. We Outlaw owners have tried to get these documents, but TMC declines and says something to the tune of "not all years and models are similar." I have seen some "build sheets" but that is a very cursory document with little actual detail. My take on it is to get you into a factory service center, but the Outlaw isn't too complex to figure out most issues.
Maybe we need to try the service department.

Best Luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
you really need to call again
my source there is no longer with thor
actually damon formally switched over to thor in 2008
thats why they dumped the damon coaches left over on the market so cheap

but they have the diagrams i have many for our coach from them

may I ask what your looking for , i may have it
I am looking for what all is wired to each fuse in the House Fuse Panel, specifically Fuse #5. The label says the furnace but so far I have discovered the fridge and water heater are also fed from this fuse. This fuse is blowing intermittently and I want to see if anything else might be wired to this fuse.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:23 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd5087 View Post
I am looking for what all is wired to each fuse in the House Fuse Panel, specifically Fuse #5. The label says the furnace but so far I have discovered the fridge and water heater are also fed from this fuse. This fuse is blowing intermittently and I want to see if anything else might be wired to this fuse.
hmmm
yes my fuses list for the 12v side as the same furnace, water heater and fridge.
is your water heater at the rear of the coach on the pass side under the bedroom closet?
I can tell you the wire branches off from the w/h then moves up through the looms to the fridge area.
I will attach what I have
they take a few minutes to decipher...but patience will prevail
good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 08-17-11-1466-.pdf (177.7 KB, 377 views)
File Type: pdf 08-17-11-1594-.pdf (213.3 KB, 268 views)
File Type: pdf 08-17-11-1465-.pdf (94.8 KB, 231 views)
File Type: pdf 09-17-11-1420-B.pdf (204.5 KB, 223 views)
File Type: pdf 08-17-11-1025-A.pdf (187.8 KB, 207 views)
File Type: pdf 08-17-11-1419-D.pdf (489.5 KB, 247 views)
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides

Old 01-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
hmmm
yes my fuses list for the 12v side as the same furnace, water heater and fridge.
is your water heater at the rear of the coach on the pass side under the bedroom closet?
I can tell you the wire branches off from the w/h then moves up through the looms to the fridge area.
I will attach what I have
they take a few minutes to decipher...but patience will prevail
good luck
Wow, sure appreciate the drawings. How did you go about getting these? I have looked thru the drawings and your right it's going to take some time to decipher them.

Yes, my WH is located in the same area. I take it that this 12V wiring must be located behind the WH. What do you mean by "looms"? Any info you can give me on how to access this wiring would be appreciated. My fuse is now blowing immediately so I need to figure out a way to break into this chain so I can isolate the problem.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd5087 View Post
Wow, sure appreciate the drawings. How did you go about getting these? I have looked thru the drawings and your right it's going to take some time to decipher them.

Yes, my WH is located in the same area. I take it that this 12V wiring must be located behind the WH. What do you mean by "looms"? Any info you can give me on how to access this wiring would be appreciated. My fuse is now blowing immediately so I need to figure out a way to break into this chain so I can isolate the problem.
"looms" convoluted tubing
they run all the low voltage stuff through the plastic convoluted pinch apart tubing
IIRC the 12 volt wiring from the w/h forward goes under the rear passenger slide, it is squeezed in with the water line from the w/h. it then passes in the little hump thing in the bathroom lower outside floor and wall.
then it drops through the floor and enters the basement over the tanks and heads forward along the ceiling in the basement.
I had to remove the rear pass slide lower carpet cover awhile back
there are about 6 screws deep in the carpeted panel.
they are near the top
use a strong magnet and you can find the heads,
once you pull them it will give you access to the water line (HOT) and the wires, i bet its pinched in there.
start at one end and remove the screws and gently pry the panel out it will help you find the screws
everytime i have to dig and poke around to find stuff, i am amazed at how slippery they build these puppies
then my neighbor has a tiffin and its almost as bad on the wiring runs
in his basement
hope it helps
i simply persisted with damon and a guy emailed them to me in 2009

Old 01-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #10

Thanks to Powerboatr for all his great info. I will post something back when I find the resolution.

Tags
damon, electrical