Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #1

2009 Damon Challenger 34 feet

Hi,
I have been redoing my RV. I stripped the flooring and interior out to repair water damage. The roof is done .
I took out the kitchen seating area for repairs. I disconnected the 4 switches that were on the side going down the stairs.
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for those 4 switches. I somehow lost my notes on that.

Or could someone unscrew the switch plate and take a picture of it.
Denis
Damon_Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #2

I have a 2010 challenger, do you still need this?
Old 03-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #3

Yes please.
I have figured out 3 of the switches. The fourth I know is for shutting down the power to the power step so it doesn't go in and out when you are parked.

Denis
Old 03-03-2016, 08:31 AM   #4

electric step diagram

Not sure if this will help, but it is the electrical diagram. I can never seem to get mine to act right. 95% of the time my steps are out after I park it. My RV is offsite, so I could pull the panel if needed and take a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	electric step diagram.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	120412  
Old 03-04-2016, 07:21 AM   #5

Thank you. This is the setup that I have. My problem is the 3 wires left that actually switch off the steps so they don't keep extending in and out every time you open the door.
Do you know what the ess,esi and esp mean. That's probably what I'm missing.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #6

step diagram

ESS- Electronic Step Switch?
ESP - Elec Step power?
ESI - Elec Step Interface?

My step switch never seem to act right. I don't know if you have to activate it prior to shutting off the engine or what. My steps work fine as far as the door switch goes, but when I go to store it they are out 98% of the time. I has not bothered me enough to go and double check the switches...

I attached another step diagram if it helps. I have note been out to my rv yet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015-11-28 10.12.51-1.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	120543   Click image for larger version

Name:	step diagram 2.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	120549  

Old 03-06-2016, 07:14 AM   #7

Thank you I will go back to the RV and take some more voltage readings. I do think that my gears are stripped on the steps
Old 03-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #8

I am actually putting together a video of my step motor replacement. I am in the process of moving so, it is on the back burner. I attached a photo of my gears when mine went bad. 2 of the 3 white soft plastic parts spun out of their area and jammed up the main area and broke the main blue plastic gear. It was a pretty easy swap. Just the gears was ~26 bucks, a new assembly was like $45. I replaced everything. I just had to splice the connector. Got mine at autozone the part number is 83694. It is from a 90s Ford taurus window. Mine are lippert stairs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015-11-28 10.27.36-1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	120805  
Old 03-08-2016, 06:44 AM   #9

Thanks everyone for the good info.
I have a Kwikee single step and now I know I will have to replace some gears.
Also From the info I received, I think I will be able to follow the last three wires that were giving me trouble. I am traveling at the moment but will update when I return and am able to get to the RV.
Denis

Tags
damon